SEVEN YEARS

Gosh, can't believe it's been seven years since Sten and I tied the knot. This time of year always makes me nostalgic and I love thinking back to each anniversary. Where we went, what we ate, what we talked about. This year was my favorite yet. We splurged big time and got a hotel downtown Chicago. I called the day before we were going and asked if there was any way we could do something to surprise my husband since it was our anniversary-- when we checked in at the front desk they had bumped us up to a King Suite! We went for HH at Eataly and I just LOVED walking around looking at everything Italian and smelling delicious smells and drinking delicious wine.
We went back to our hotel, then set out for a loooong walk around the city before dinner. We talked and walked, blocks that we knew and loved and the evening just felt magical with lights glimmering and the hustle and bustle of Christmas season. We had a great dinner at Cantina Laredo, talking about nothing and everything and loving having no interruptions ("mommy, no talking...!").  I woke up in the morning for a run and then we hit the road on a quest for donuts, Starbucks and the Metra. Our get-a-way was less than 24 hours, but it felt like the greatest 20 hours I've had in a LONG time.












 for the record- we didn't eat all these donuts.

Sten is the ultimate companion for me. I am glad that he is the one who makes me laugh the most, cares for me, and loves me unconditionally.
LOVE YOU STEN! Happy 7! XO, erica

Comments

Popular Posts