An update

I've been reminded from numerous people that I haven't updated my bloggy blog for a while. I feel as though this is one of my hardest stages of life right now. Lucy is a very busy and needy 2 year old and when Olle is awake he needs to be watched like a hawk because his little inch worm crawl is FAST. I feel tugged and pulled and stretched and I know I am not the first mom to feel like this, but I feel very out of control.... each day I have to remind myself that all this will be over soon and then I'll be crying in a corner wishing my kids were still babies.
ANYWAY.
Olle is 7.5 months and is seriously the cutest baby in the world. He's full of smiles, loves to be around people, and is very laid back. He's getting around, sitting, bouncing any chance he can get and just generally, loving life. He weighs 18 lbs and I can't remember how long he is... :(
Lucy is very 2. She's a whirlwind. This girl is BUSY. She literally never stops moving/talking/negotiating/whining/laughing.... and we love her SO SO much. She's so different from both Sten and me, that I am still trying to figure her out. But, she loves hard, she sleeps hard, and she plays hard, so I think we've got a winner on our hands. Lately, she is so into Fancy Nancy, playing with her "guys" (Olaf, Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff figurines), eating cereal and milk, dancing, playdoh, and trying to weasel her way into watching "sompin'". She's also learned phrases such as "just relax", and "can I just, only, have ONE book?" Yesterday when Sten left for church she said: "Daddy's going to church? That breaks my heart." couldn't believe that little phrase came out of her mouth. I had to text Sten right away.

Some pictures:
 Sten passed his final Ordination interview in Chicago!
 Anne, Me + Kate, this was our "all 5 kids are sleeping, lets party" smiles
 they were obviously REALLY excited to be together....
 Lucy, Luke and Sommar making Vday cookies
 these two were SO adorable together. I think watching them play was a highlight of being in Chicago for me. The way they interacted was just precious. Lucy still asks if we can go to Kate's house.


 My little stud.
 Valentines mantle (one of my favorite holidays!)
 Amos and Olive came over last week and we had SO much fun.
Lucy sat in this high chair and played play doh for 1.5 hours the other day. I had to document. It was the best 1.5 hours I've had in a long time.

The weather has been above freezing the last couple days and it is a good for the soul. I've been able to run outside and I think that makes a difference in my days. Can't wait for Spring to come! 
Love, erica.

Comments

  1. Yay! The best ever is when they start preschool. I felt so emotional about Matthew starting even though he was old for his grade, and then with Claire since she's also a fall birthday we're doing three years of it. It gets better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts