Marathon, Mother's Day and My Main Man...

Well, the Eau Claire Marathon is in the books!

It was such a great race day full of clouds/sun, lots of cheers, and my favorite people. I kept checking the weather 10x a day the week before and it kept saying rain. I was convinced I'd be running a rainy/windy race, and had lowered my expectations. Then 2 days before it started saying no rain, just wind... on the day of, it was perfect racing weather... started with clouds and then ended with sun.
I couldn't believe it, but I was in the lead for the entire race. There was a biker in front of me leading the "first female marathoner" and I was getting so many cheers. It was SO SO fun. The race ends with a climb up to Carson Park and in that last .2 miles a girl passed me!!! I didn't have it in me to keep up with her, and she ended up beating me by 12 seconds. I don't even care. I wasn't expecting to do as well as I did, and I feel thankful that I was able to run. I had SO much fun and loved the crowd and my cheerleaders. Sten took the Sunday off and they met me at 4 spots. It was the BEST seeing them. Megan, Shawn and little Harper met up with Sten halfway through and it meant so much to me that they took the time to come. My aunt and uncle/cousins, live on the race course, so I was able to see them a few times too. At the end of the race, Janel came to wish me a congrats. I felt so loved!
Now that's done and I am feeling good :)






NEXT
Wanted to give a shout out to my kids who made me a mom and my mom who sets the best example for me. We had a great day picnic-ing at my parents and Lucy had the absolute best time playing with her cousins. She loves them so much.
 love these 2.


 HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO THE BEST MOM IN THE WORLD!

LAST:
We did a babysitting swap with the Dotson's this weekend and it was the BEST. Sten and I enjoyed the Cottage Winery and Logjam, two of Menomonie's finest :) It was just a magical evening. The weather was HOT (90 degrees) and we sat outside pretending it was summer and talking for hours without interruption. I love my man, and any moment we get to spend one on one is beyond special to me. He gets me, he challenges me, and he makes me laugh. 



 Love ya Sten!

XO, erica
HA, love these 3.

Comments

Popular Posts