Skip to main content

banana blueberry bread + winter.

We've been trying to cut back on sugar at our house and I found this recipe and tweaked it a bit. There are no added sugars, just the natural sweetness in fruit. I swapped half of the flour with ground almonds, so there is a nice nutty flavor in it. Hope you'll give it a try!

Blueberry Banana Bread.
2 ripe bananas
1/2 C blueberries
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 T plain yogurt
3/4 C flour
3/4 C ground almonds
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients, set aside.
Mix together wet ingredients.
Stir all together until fully combined.
Bake 45-60mins, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Winter seems to be dragging on for me. I am trying to stay positive, but I cannot deny my love for warm weather. Everyone is happier! We got hit with the pink eye this week, so we're all just not quite ourselves and the days seem long.
February has always been a favorite month of mine, so I really need to turn my attitude around! 
 Cold weather has forced me to get really creative with my parenting, keeping toys in bins for a few days- so that they seem new again...
 We also got a box of barbies from our awesome librarian Miss. Debbie. She is seriously the best. Lucy has been having SO much fun. I have the most amazing memories of playing hours of barbies in my friends' basements when I was little (way past when we should have grown out of it). With Lucy's imagination, I can only imagine the wonderful world she'll create with these little treasures.
 This spot in our kitchen is SO warm and cozy. Lucy and I often eat our lunch here, sitting on the floor pretending we are cats basking in the sunshine. During naptime I always steal a few moments here with a warm cup of tea (or wine, depending on the day), it's the BEST.
Stole this from my friends insta account. I had no idea it was so cold we had beards until she took this picture. HA! Training has been going well, despite the negative temps at 5 in the morning. By the time you get going, it feels like 30 instead of -7.... sorta ;)

Love, Erica


Comments