Get it DUNN run.

There are so many things in this transition period that remind me how fast time goes. The Get it Dunn run is yet another reminder to 'live in the moment and soak it all in'.
I have loved being a part of this race over the last 4 years. It is something I totally look forward to each spring.  Being a pacer checks two boxes for me: #1. I am super cheap, so the fact that I don't have to pay for the race and still get to run is awesome! and #2. I love that I get to help other people reach their goals through exercise! I hope they'll still ask me to be a pacer next year, it is such a fun tradition for me!

2014:  Just one little baby Lucy. I remember doing most of my training runs with her, since a single jogger seemed like a breeze!
2015: I was 7 months pregnant. I wasn't sure I'd be able to pace the whole race, but I did! My favorite comment that year was people saying: "I at least have to beat the pregnant lady" :) I'd like to think I gave people extra motivation!
2016: Last year was cold, Sten and the kids didn't make it out because of the weather. I had some great running buddies that I met, and ran with the whole time-- that was a big highlight for me!
 2017: This year I paced the 1:40, and I crossed the finish line at 1:40:09... pretty close!! It was the most gorgeous day and although I really only had people running with me through about mile 7, I enjoyed the new and improved course and loved the discipline of staying at a slower pace and just taking in the views of this beautiful town I live in! Sten pushed the kids (WAY TO GO!!!) in the double jogger in the 5k, and we had a blast at the finish, eating lots of snacks and chatting with friends. My friend Kate, in the pic below, had an amazing run! It's really been a great joy running with her and watching our times get faster and faster.

Love this race and SO thankful to have the opportunity to be part of it. Thankful for healthy bodies that can run, and a beautiful town to live in.

XO. erica.

Comments

Popular Posts