Skip to main content

lately.

Cannot believe July is over. Where oh where did the month go? We spent the last week of July visiting Grammy + friends in the Chicagoland area. The week flew by and when it came time to say goodbye, I think we were all a little sad. It feels good to be home now, and the we really missed Sten- there was a lot of playtime on the floor and wrestling when the kids finally got out of their car seats.

The Sunday before we left, Olle was dedicated at church. He was surrounded by family and all our church friends and it was special. We love this guy and pray everyday that he grows up knowing God, loving God, and loving others.

Cousins giving Olle a kiss. Lucy was SO excited that Amos and Olive came to church with us again!
and seriously. look at these 4. I couldn't love them more.
 Lucy's in a weird stage of not napping, and its awful. She was so wound up I took her on a run and she was asleep in 4 mins. I didn't want her to wake up, so I ended up meeting the rest of the gang at Lucette, she got an hour and ten minute nap, and I got an 8 mile run... win- win!
We took advantage of Meredith being here and went for a date that night. I love ANYtime I get to spend with this guy. And a perfect July night, made it even more special.

 We got to meet sweet baby Jonah- and him and Olle really hit it off :)
 I think the highlight of the trip for Lucy was playing with cousin Elin. Elin was so sweet and patient with her and Lucy couldn't stop talking about her. Especially how she can't wait to be big like Elin next year so she can go down the slide at the pool... :)
Pretty girls!

Grammy took us to ice cream downtown Geneva and it was a HIT! sticky, hot and happy kids <3
 The next day we went to Kate's house and these little buddies got to play. It's prob the last time we'll visit this house of theirs, as they're moving at the end of August. SOOOOO many happy memories in the house. I'll miss it!
This was us, cheers-ing to their BRAND new home, pre babies.... the best of the best she is!
now, 4 kids later, they are on to new things!!!
 rainy day calls for CHUCK E CHEESE. Lucy had the time of her life!

big kid.... seriously.
 Last, but not least, I got to meet these precious little bundles, Olive and Ezra at Brad's surprise bday party. Don't know if you can tell, but they are the sweetest little things. couldn't get enough.

 HAPPY 30 BRAD!
Kate was making fun of the selfie stick, so you better believe I snapped a pic before heading home....

Then to ease my way back into Wisconsin I made a Chicago-style deep dish for us when I got home.

 the best!
 I love him more everyday.
We ended July at a fish-fry with friends and Lucy got to take a dip in the pool. I love making summer memories with all the fantastic people in our lives.

love. erica.

Comments

  1. Such special photos of your time with friends in Chicago!
    That pizza looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dan and Pam +

 One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.  This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.  Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!  Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂  Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha  The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.  Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...

Wolfpack.

We had a good day with these lifetime friends of mine. PHS class of ‘04.  Linds is so good at getting everyone together. She planned this whole day and then everyone took the day off work/ got kids out of activities and sports and made the effort to see one another.  Friendship of 35 years is a true gift. I feel like these girls watched me grow up. From playing boxcar children in the basement to jr high shenanigans/ all the trips to Treasure Island to studying abroad together in Italy to visiting each others first homes/ attending weddings /welcoming in motherhood and most recently keeping up on Marco Polo I am thankful for these gals.     Recreating a picture from 7 yrs ago 😂  As we were saying our goodbyes we looked down and BURST into laughter. Must be a 40 yr old thing.  Memories upon memories with this crew.  xo. edc.   

goodbye summer 2026

I headed back to BHP today after what may have been the best summer ever. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was ready to go back I would have said no, but I think God does a good job of preparing our hearts for big changes if we allow him to, and I truly felt prepared walking into school today.  My classroom has a ways to go to be ready to welcome in students to meet the teacher night on Wednesday-- but I know I'll get there.  Routine is good, and I packed my lunch last night, laid out my clothes and after work today headed to the grocery before grilling up some chicken for dinner. I needed something to remind me that I love feeding my family well, being somewhat organized and nights at home after a day away. Here are some summer lasts: Mornings on the front porch with coffee + 1 kid + a game?!?!? THE BEST Also a LOT of Rummikub lately a Friday morning of cinnamon chip scones might be the best way to start the day family bike ride on the Brown's Creek Trail 12 miles w...