Skip to main content

2017: The year of transititions

As I've been reflecting on 2017, I can't help but feel like it has been a whirlwind of transitions for our family. Nothing has looked the same from one month to the next, and although we all are up for a good adventure, I think we are looking forward to a little more stability in 2018.

We started January, by telling our amazing church that we were leaving to plant a church in Hudson, WI. After putting our house on the market, and having 25 showings, we finally got an offer and closed in June. In between that time, we finished up life at Cedarbrook, looked for a home in Hudson, lived in a friends house for a month, and began gathering a core team of people to help us launch MIDCURRENT church. We moved into our home in Hudson on July 15th, and then started weekly meetings at our house, planning, prepping, and praying for our 3 preview services this fall/winter.... which all leads us to today, where we are 2 weeks away from our official launch on January 14th.
Right now our house is full of sound equipment, and there is a load of "pipe and drape" drapes in washing machine at this very moment. We are "ALL IN"  for MIDCURRENT Church. We think about it all the time, and pray constantly that God would use us in this area to reach more people for Jesus, and teach people to live more like him.

Among all the transitions of this year, I sit here so incredibly thankful for the people who have rallied around us and supported us, without even knowing it sometimes. All of the text, cards, love and prayers throughout this year, have meant the WORLD to our family.

I can't believe I have a 2 and a 4 year old who, just this morning, were playing together for 18 minutes straight without fighting. We are through the weeds, in a lot of ways. The kids are sleeping through the night (for the most part), able to feed themselves, put on their own shoes/ coats, and can generally tell us what they need. This is huge!

Lucy is such a light in our lives. She is smart, and witty, clever and so creative. Her mind is like a little Sten-- she remembers EVERYTHING, and shes always thinking, talking, and playing pretend. She gives us the sweetest compliments and really knows how/when to turn on the charm. She's got one last year at home with me, and I am loving our days together, coloring has been a new favorite as of late, and it's a new way I'm seeing her creativity shine.
Olle is, and always has been, a bundle of joy. He loves music and has been singing jingle bells at the top of his lungs lately. He also loves the Frozen soundtrack, the Sing soundtrack and Moana... his little dance moves are quite something, as well. He reminds us everyday how much of a BOY he is, with his never-ending truck noises, shooting hoops/throwing balls, and jumping off furniture. We love his new-found voice and all of the sentences he started stringing together in what seemed like overnight.

Some of our family highlights this year:
- Mexico! We spent a week on Isla with Grandma and Grandpa, and had the BEST time, soaking in the sun, building sandcastles nonstop, and swimming in the ocean.

- Our final days in Menomonie, where we soaked up all of our favorite things about this little town that stole our hearts.
last bike ride to the farmers market!

- Bay Lake, where we spent time just as a family and also, with our Colorado family (always a highlight of our summer)

- My parent's new cabin in Stillwater. SO many memories made in just one short summer, and so many more to come.

- Our new house, that we already just ADORE! It feels like home, and we are thrilled to be able to explore this new town.

- Celebrating 9 years together with an entire weekend away. I love this guy so much, and feel just lucky that I get to spend everyday with him.

- Our amazing new church family and developing new relationships and watching our kids make new friends.


2017 has been so good to us, and I am eagerly anticipating 2018 bringing a TON of joy, some trials, and so many chances to see God moving in our lives.

Cheers! and Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

xo. edc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

goodbye summer 2026

I headed back to BHP today after what may have been the best summer ever. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was ready to go back I would have said no, but I think God does a good job of preparing our hearts for big changes if we allow him to, and I truly felt prepared walking into school today.  My classroom has a ways to go to be ready to welcome in students to meet the teacher night on Wednesday-- but I know I'll get there.  Routine is good, and I packed my lunch last night, laid out my clothes and after work today headed to the grocery before grilling up some chicken for dinner. I needed something to remind me that I love feeding my family well, being somewhat organized and nights at home after a day away. Here are some summer lasts: Mornings on the front porch with coffee + 1 kid + a game?!?!? THE BEST Also a LOT of Rummikub lately a Friday morning of cinnamon chip scones might be the best way to start the day family bike ride on the Brown's Creek Trail 12 miles w...

Wolfpack.

We had a good day with these lifetime friends of mine. PHS class of ‘04.  Linds is so good at getting everyone together. She planned this whole day and then everyone took the day off work/ got kids out of activities and sports and made the effort to see one another.  Friendship of 35 years is a true gift. I feel like these girls watched me grow up. From playing boxcar children in the basement to jr high shenanigans/ all the trips to Treasure Island to studying abroad together in Italy to visiting each others first homes/ attending weddings /welcoming in motherhood and most recently keeping up on Marco Polo I am thankful for these gals.     Recreating a picture from 7 yrs ago 😂  As we were saying our goodbyes we looked down and BURST into laughter. Must be a 40 yr old thing.  Memories upon memories with this crew.  xo. edc.   

Dan and Pam +

 One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.  This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.  Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!  Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂  Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha  The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.  Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...