We had a total “little house on the prairie” moment yesterday for approximately 30 minutes while I was reading the secret garden and all 3 kids were coloring before bed. It was one of those moments that you don’t want to end.
Have you read Secret Garden as an adult? It is magical. Everything about it. Lucy seems a little less interested than I thought she would be. I, on the other hand, am absorbed by it. I love the language, the imagery, the storyline and the characters. I love the way it makes me feel like I’m there. In the garden watching Colin get strong and listening to children play and experience truly living life. I wish this were my children’s childhood. Tromping through gardens, watching them grow. So full of fresh air that they have ravenous appetites and eat the food I make them 😂
Anyway, for one short moment yesterday I had an idyllic picture of what I thought motherhood would look like (when I was a naive young 20-yr old who didn’t have kids of her own) and it was lovely.
Back to schedules and life this week. The house is quiet and I feel a little sad that spring break is over. On the way home from school today Sigge said- I don’t think spring break was a whole week… and I asked what he meant and he said it just went so fast. Wow. How illusive is time? Even my 5 year old gets duped by it.
May you get lost in a book soon— I recommend Secret Garden 🪴 ♥️
✌️ xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment