Skip to main content

Georgia on My Mind

The 17 hour drive was worth it! Georgia is beautiful and this family trip might need to be made into a Shutterfly book :) 

ice cream on repeat! The kids had no shortage of treats... but ordering an ice cream poolside, might be up there with their favorite thing.

The grounds of Reynolds were gorgeous. Sten and I got a kick out of the fact that they use pine needles instead of mulch as landscaping. 

Sten's idea was a one-on-one date with each kid. Olle and I went out for coffee and cards, Sigge and I went to draw and eat donuts at Dunkin and Lucy and I got our nails done. The boys were each excited for one on one fishing with dad and Sten and Lucy practiced her VBS lines at Starbucks. These kids are awesome.

Olle played a lot of pickleball. He is talented.

most beautiful girl. We went through SO much sunscreen. 

I am going to be devastated when he doesn't snuggle in to me anymore. Sigge is hilarious and sweet and such a joy-bringer. He had some hilarious one liners this trip and we all just can't get enough of him.

The highlight of the trip for me was watching these 3 bond. They fought a ton, but they also played together, helped each other, read together, and laughed together a lot. Without the distraction of anything other than our family, I watched them really enjoy each others company.

Love this guy so much.

Perhaps the most beautiful place to run and walk.


We rented a boat one day and the kids tubed for 4 hours straight. It didn't get old for them and I think all three said this was the highlight of the trip for them. As a parent, getting to offer them an experience like this was such a bucket filler. Watching them laugh and hold on tight and ask to go faster left me with sore cheeks from smiling for so long.
We also jumped off this giant rock. — even Sigge! What a thrill. 
Olle and I took the kayaks out and made it a mile down the lake to the Ritz-Carlton. We admired the insane houses along the way... I love little things like this. things that are so wildly different than my usual routine

Lots of family walks, solo walks and me and Sten walks. 







We went blueberry picking one day and it was magical. Sten and I have a new retirement plan now. To own a blueberry farm and a little barn and be surrounded by blueberries. 
We made blueberry cobbler and blueberry muffins and ate blueberries in our yogurt and just plain for days. It was awesome.
family pickleball. where Olle got mad, Sigge got bored, Lucy got frustrated and sten and I tried to keep the peace.

On Father's Day we went to church, then headed to Athens for a brewery sit and a trip to the botanical gardens. It was such a fun day exploring a new place. 


The kids area at the botanical gardens was so cool. The kids had a blast here.

Then we went to to coast! I know these are just a bunch a pictures that look like water and sand and sky, but trying to capture the wonder and awe I felt had me snapping lots of pictures. My very favorite moment was while walking to our spot we saw dolphins trailing a shrimp fishing boat and the dolphins were in heaven! They were jumping and diving and there were SO many of them. We stopped and watched them and I even maybe had tears in my eyes I was so happy. 






We played at the beach for hours before taking showers and heading out for dinner. We went to the quirkiest little joint called Huck-a-poos where the pizza slices were as a big as plates and the vibe was chill. The patio had umbrellas and this tarp over top that, once it started down-pouring we realized had many holes in it. Georgia weather is funny. It literally rains  and I mean RAINS almost every day for like 17 seconds. Then it stops and the sun is blazing again. 





Tybee Island sunset after the downpour.



Fishing in the ponds produced some monster fish!

Georgia. You are a gem of a place and will forever hold memories for me that will make me remember a season of life where our kids still wanted to swim in the pool all day, eat ice cream in the afternoon, play games at night, and wake up excited to spend the entire day together doing that again. 
xo. edc




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dan and Pam +

 One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.  This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.  Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!  Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂  Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha  The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.  Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...

Wolfpack.

We had a good day with these lifetime friends of mine. PHS class of ‘04.  Linds is so good at getting everyone together. She planned this whole day and then everyone took the day off work/ got kids out of activities and sports and made the effort to see one another.  Friendship of 35 years is a true gift. I feel like these girls watched me grow up. From playing boxcar children in the basement to jr high shenanigans/ all the trips to Treasure Island to studying abroad together in Italy to visiting each others first homes/ attending weddings /welcoming in motherhood and most recently keeping up on Marco Polo I am thankful for these gals.     Recreating a picture from 7 yrs ago 😂  As we were saying our goodbyes we looked down and BURST into laughter. Must be a 40 yr old thing.  Memories upon memories with this crew.  xo. edc.   

goodbye summer 2026

I headed back to BHP today after what may have been the best summer ever. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was ready to go back I would have said no, but I think God does a good job of preparing our hearts for big changes if we allow him to, and I truly felt prepared walking into school today.  My classroom has a ways to go to be ready to welcome in students to meet the teacher night on Wednesday-- but I know I'll get there.  Routine is good, and I packed my lunch last night, laid out my clothes and after work today headed to the grocery before grilling up some chicken for dinner. I needed something to remind me that I love feeding my family well, being somewhat organized and nights at home after a day away. Here are some summer lasts: Mornings on the front porch with coffee + 1 kid + a game?!?!? THE BEST Also a LOT of Rummikub lately a Friday morning of cinnamon chip scones might be the best way to start the day family bike ride on the Brown's Creek Trail 12 miles w...