Skip to main content

bookends/ teacher things/fall poem

The bookends of my day yesterday was God's way of showing me that I am going to be ok. This picture from my solo run in the morning was absolutely perfect. Cold hands, fast road miles, worship music and a text from a friend right in the middle of it saying that I was top of her prayer list that morning. Then in the evening the boys were outside playing waffle ball and Lucy was walking around the neighborhood with friends and I cranked up my music and cleaned the entire middle/lower level. I stopped at one point and thought-- this is the biggest gift right now. 

Other things:

I love pens. and there is something so satisfying about having every single color of felt tip/ gel tip at your disposal. lol.

Life touch teacher photos--why is my ear showing so much? Is this what I always look like?

Haley hosted the Badland Babes for some brunch after our Willow run on Saturday and she made THE most delicious food, didn't know I needed a bonfire until I was sitting in this chair eating this apple cake and was SO content. 
I love these 3 with my whole heart. Friends are the best medicine for all of life. 

last boat ride?? idk?!?

Lucy and I walked to Starbucks on Labor Day. So random and also, really a highlight for me. 

Not pictured: Sten and I had a date night at Black Rooster! What a spot! Perhaps our new favorite. The burger was really truly perfect.

Annual end of summer cousin pictures. 

Stop growing!



Fall Poem:
Cooler temps are coming. Fall is in the air.
All my 3 yr olds are crying and I care.
Apple bread is something I want to bake
Sports sports and more sports this weekend and no time for the lake
lighting candles, cleaning out drawers
fall cleaning, hanging leaf wreathes on doors.
Fall kick off at church will be fun
What is better than a willow run?
Sad summer is over, darker mornings and night
headlamps on runs give me light
time to make some chili and cornbread
planning meals is the only way to keep my family fed!
fall is here I can't decide if I am happy or sad
windows open will surely not make me mad.

xo. edc


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy is 13 + happenings.

My tiny 6lb 15oz baby turned 13 yesterday. How can it be?? She's absolutely lovely inside and out and we had a wonderful weekend celebrating who she is. I made Sally's Baking Addiction Cookies and Creme cake and it was SO yummy. Look at all those candles! Ziva, Lucy and Lyla at the MOA where we literally shopped til we dropped and went in EVERY single makeup store the mall has to offer. We ate a late dinner at Chipotle.  Lucy might be the easiest person in the world to buy presents for. Everything makes her happy. She is so grateful and she is so excited! She loved the weekend and we love watching her get older.  All 3 kids killed it last weekend in sports. Sten and I were able to make it to all the games/meet and the weather was perfect and I had so much fun watching them do sporty things. Lucy shaved 3 minutes off her time on this exact same course from last year. At this rate next year she'll be faster than me in the 2 mile.  Both boys played QB and they are so differe...

Birkie and other happenings.

The Badland Babes were at it again and took home yet another W at the Birkie Marathon Relay this weekend. It was a blast and not just the winning part :) Staying at Mandy’s cabin was a dream and I was so thankful for the opportunity to hang out with these fast friends.  A boat ride + charcuterie happened all snuggled with blankets and sweatshirts and that was very nice. I was the last leg and so waiting 4 hours to run was hard-- and cold. I look normal here but really I was wearing another layer and a stocking hat and had many goosebumps.  I never stopped running, but I did get my phone out at the top of the switchbacks and took this picture. It was SO fun to run down this hill. The sunrise in the morning was absolutely stunning and the fall colors were vibrant.  I have been sore ever since. I went into the race a little under the weather and I just feel off. I don't know what it is. but I don't like not feeling like myself. and I feel a bit frustrated. I haven't been sle...