Skip to main content

Birkie and other happenings.

The Badland Babes were at it again and took home yet another W at the Birkie Marathon Relay this weekend. It was a blast and not just the winning part :) Staying at Mandy’s cabin was a dream and I was so thankful for the opportunity to hang out with these fast friends. 

A boat ride + charcuterie happened all snuggled with blankets and sweatshirts and that was very nice.

I was the last leg and so waiting 4 hours to run was hard-- and cold. I look normal here but really I was wearing another layer and a stocking hat and had many goosebumps. 

I never stopped running, but I did get my phone out at the top of the switchbacks and took this picture. It was SO fun to run down this hill.

The sunrise in the morning was absolutely stunning and the fall colors were vibrant. 

I have been sore ever since. I went into the race a little under the weather and I just feel off. I don't know what it is. but I don't like not feeling like myself. and I feel a bit frustrated. I haven't been sleeping well either. idk. If a friend was describing what was happening I would tell her to take a break, but let's be real-- that is wayyyyy easier to tell someone else than actually take the advice on your own. 

We're celebrating Lucy and Olives birthdays this weekend, have 1 CC meet this week, 3 flag football games and 1 kid birthday party this weekend. AND it's the first day of October today. Where oh where did this month go?? 
October I want to:
  • make soup and bread 2x.
  • runtober-- run 175 miles this month. 31 squats daily, 31 pushups daily.
  • get 2 dates with Sten
  • Celebrate SO many birthdays: Haley, Kim, Lucy/Olive, Emily, Kate, Jenny. 
  • sleep. 
  • QT with my kids. 
  • write down a joy each day.
xo. edc.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bookends/ teacher things/fall poem

The bookends of my day yesterday was God's way of showing me that I am going to be ok. This picture from my solo run in the morning was absolutely perfect. Cold hands, fast road miles, worship music and a text from a friend right in the middle of it saying that I was top of her prayer list that morning. Then in the evening the boys were outside playing waffle ball and Lucy was walking around the neighborhood with friends and I cranked up my music and cleaned the entire middle/lower level. I stopped at one point and thought-- this is the biggest gift right now.  Other things: I love pens. and there is something so satisfying about having every single color of felt tip/ gel tip at your disposal. lol. Life touch teacher photos--why is my ear showing so much? Is this what I always look like? Haley hosted the Badland Babes for some brunch after our Willow run on Saturday and she made THE most delicious food, didn't know I needed a bonfire until I was sitting in this chair eating thi...

Lucy is 13 + happenings.

My tiny 6lb 15oz baby turned 13 yesterday. How can it be?? She's absolutely lovely inside and out and we had a wonderful weekend celebrating who she is. I made Sally's Baking Addiction Cookies and Creme cake and it was SO yummy. Look at all those candles! Ziva, Lucy and Lyla at the MOA where we literally shopped til we dropped and went in EVERY single makeup store the mall has to offer. We ate a late dinner at Chipotle.  Lucy might be the easiest person in the world to buy presents for. Everything makes her happy. She is so grateful and she is so excited! She loved the weekend and we love watching her get older.  All 3 kids killed it last weekend in sports. Sten and I were able to make it to all the games/meet and the weather was perfect and I had so much fun watching them do sporty things. Lucy shaved 3 minutes off her time on this exact same course from last year. At this rate next year she'll be faster than me in the 2 mile.  Both boys played QB and they are so differe...

back 2 school. back at it. back to reality 2026

We eeeked out every last drop until it was time to head back to school on Wednesday. Annual tradition trip to Lucette after Meet the Teacher is the photo above. Happy to report that everyone did great the first 3 days of school- although I don't know if we're quite ready for a full 5 day week starting tomorrow :) Sten took the boys to Michigan to go to his cousins daughters wedding and they did something that Sten introduced me to when we were dating and on staff together at PLCBC- diving for golf balls! The boys thought it was a blast and I love that they got a bright blue -sunny -skies day to make the water look turquoise and the ball finding easy. While the boys were gone Lucy and I whooped it up! We went to the first Hudson football game... Went to the Glenwood City Rodeo.... AND drove to Iowa to see Josiah Queen at the Iowa State Fair!  Fun is an understatement to describe this little getaway and I feel so lucky we got to do this together. Then it was BACK TO REALITY! holy...