Sten and I had a great afternoon. We finished our grocery shopping and I went to spin class then came home and made cauliflower pizza. It's a healthy alternative to processed/carbohydrate loaded pizza crust without substituting flavor. Pizza is a "Carlson home staple"and I think with a few more tries it will be perfected and I will be whipping up this pizza at least once a week-
obsessed with pizza? YES!
 |
| Fresh out of the oven. |
 |
| Main ingredient in the crust. |
 |
| ready to be pressed |
 |
| a perfect circle. |
 |
| Looks legit! |
 |
| crispy edges |
This is about the easiest pizza crust you could ever make. No kneading, no rising, no rolling. Just grating, warming, mixing and baking!
Here's the crust recipe:
1 cup "riced" cauliflower*
1 cups mozz cheese
1 egg
Italian spices to taste
Preheat oven to 450. Mix riced cauliflower, cheese, egg and spices. Pressed onto (very) well greased pan into a 9' circle. Bake for 15 mins.
Add desired ingredients and broil until cheese is melted.
ENJOY!
*** to "rice" cauliflower: wash and dry a head of cauliflower, remove stems and leaves. Grate entire head. Heat in microwave safe dish for 8 minutes.
In other news, due to my most recent Pinterest obsession I have decorated our home with some Valentine's Day love:
 |
| so fun and easy! Bring on February! |
 |
| I know it's not much. But I LOVE it! |
Day 1 of no sweets starts tomorrow. Can't wait to feel the sugar withdrawals :)
xo.
e
Awesome!!!! So excited to try!
ReplyDelete