Over winter vacation we celebrated Sten's GOLDEN Birthday. Here are a couple things I love about the Birthday boy:
He is creative, and smart, and funny, and so good looking.
He makes me laugh, especially during his impersonations and small insights on people's habits.
He loves to eat, and I love to cook.
He drives me to work when I am feeling extra tired
He loves family.
He is thoughtful and makes me feel special.
He is the best husband in the whole world. That's why I researched the BEST yellow cake with chocolate frosting recipe and came up with THIS GEM. This blogger made 6 (SIX) different yellow cakes and had taste testers rate what they thought. This was her favorite and I must say, it was REALLY good.
This cake is betta than the box!
Cake
Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 3/4 C sugar
3 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 1/8 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 C Half-n-half
1 Tbls vanilla
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 8" or 9" pans.
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mix well.
Mix dry ingredients.
Alternate adding dry ingredients and half-n-half until well mixed.
Add vanilla.
Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 30-35 mins.
Chocolate Butter cream Frosting
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
3/4 C cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4-5 T milk
Directions:
Mix together! Add milk depending on desired consistency.
When cool, frost and serve. SO good.
We also celebrated Sten's Birthday in Mexico with great friends and this cake:
And tomorrow we will be celebrating in Geneva with a special cake by my mother-in-law. Can't even wait.
I would say it was a successful year of Birthday cakes for the Golden Boy :)
We have had a great weekend thus far.
peace.
Erica
He is creative, and smart, and funny, and so good looking.
He makes me laugh, especially during his impersonations and small insights on people's habits.
He loves to eat, and I love to cook.
He drives me to work when I am feeling extra tired
He loves family.
He is thoughtful and makes me feel special.
He is the best husband in the whole world. That's why I researched the BEST yellow cake with chocolate frosting recipe and came up with THIS GEM. This blogger made 6 (SIX) different yellow cakes and had taste testers rate what they thought. This was her favorite and I must say, it was REALLY good.
| Equipped with gold sprinkles for the GOLDEN Birthday. |
This cake is betta than the box!
![]() |
| Now, I am not saying this recipe is healthy- there's also a CUP of Half-n-half |
| This is my mom's "hands free" electric mixer. It belongs in an Antique shop. |
![]() |
| Ready for the oven |
| The bottom stuck a little :( but you can't even tell after the amazing frosting goes on. |
| I love baking in my mom's kitchen... |
| It held up nicely when cut |
| It was a hit. |
| Happy Birthday Stenny-kins. |
Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 3/4 C sugar
3 eggs
1 egg yolk
2 1/8 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 C Half-n-half
1 Tbls vanilla
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 8" or 9" pans.
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and mix well.
Mix dry ingredients.
Alternate adding dry ingredients and half-n-half until well mixed.
Add vanilla.
Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 30-35 mins.
Chocolate Butter cream Frosting
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
3/4 C cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
4-5 T milk
Directions:
Mix together! Add milk depending on desired consistency.
When cool, frost and serve. SO good.
We also celebrated Sten's Birthday in Mexico with great friends and this cake:
And tomorrow we will be celebrating in Geneva with a special cake by my mother-in-law. Can't even wait.
I would say it was a successful year of Birthday cakes for the Golden Boy :)
We have had a great weekend thus far.
peace.
Erica



This cake is beautiful and I'm psyched that you did the research - can't wait to try, Mark and I LOVE yellow w/chocolate! Also, that is too funny that Sten pushes you to work when you're really tired... Mark is the EXACT same!!
ReplyDelete