I had EVERY intention of winning my families "no-sweets" challenge. I thought for sure I could do it, and then all the sudden I lost ALL my will power. I am blaming it on the fact that we all got to cheat for my Birthday and my mom made my favorite cake in the whole world. Once I got a taste of that sweet frosting, I was toast. I broke my fast by baking a chocolate cake for my neighbors son, and making a cupcake for myself with chocolate buttercream frosting. Totally worth it.
Now that I am back to baking, I tried Chia Seed Peanut Butter Cookies, which I found on Pinterest. They are not overly sweet and I almost found them to be a great pre/post run snack or breakfast. Chia Seeds are a power food and WebMD defines them by saying: chia seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
If you're looking for a health[ier] sweet treat, these could be your solution!
The recipe can be found HERE
In other news. Lucy will be SIX MONTHS on Thursday. WHY. IS. TIME. GOING. SO. FAST. ??
XO. edc
Now that I am back to baking, I tried Chia Seed Peanut Butter Cookies, which I found on Pinterest. They are not overly sweet and I almost found them to be a great pre/post run snack or breakfast. Chia Seeds are a power food and WebMD defines them by saying: chia seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium.
If you're looking for a health[ier] sweet treat, these could be your solution!
The recipe can be found HERE
In other news. Lucy will be SIX MONTHS on Thursday. WHY. IS. TIME. GOING. SO. FAST. ??
I remember when the newborn diapers were too big for her. I have been so sentimental lately. I am totally going to be the mom who sobs dropping her kids off at the bus stop. But for now I will just cherish these winter days at home with my little Lucy bear.
XO. edc




I got teary eyed visiting potential preschools for Matthew… just a heads up, because I felt like a total weirdo!
ReplyDelete