Skip to main content

Lucy is 1 1/2!

Lucy had her half Birthday last week, and we made sure to sing to her. She is as jabbery as ever and I love how she learns a new word or two every day.
We went to the Dr this week and she is 33 inches long: 93rd percentile; 24 lbs: 50th percentile. A healthy, happy little girl.
This month we traveled to Chicago and Michigan, had lots of early spring play time outside and also got a great report at the eye clinic. She is "ahead of the curve" and was fitted for glasses last week. It has been a very busy month.
There are TONS of good moments with Lucy, but there are some days I literally say to myself: I want to quit. It mostly revolves around typical toddler tantrums or her patch, but in those instances, when I lose my cool and raise my voice, the mom guilt is like nothing I have ever experienced. Lucy really is the sweetest thing, so smart and strong, but she and I both are still figuring each other out and I'm finding out just how aware she is of my reactions to her actions. So as we embark on yet another journey (eye glasses) I am praying that we would show each other grace and that I would have an extra dose of patience to get through the next couple months.
We are so excited to spend this weekend with Sten's mom, visiting from Chicago. I plan on making monkey bread, drinking coffee, staying in our jammies and catching up well into the afternoon. Lucy is excited too :)

 outside in all its glory
 these two.
 #outtake
 mandy lou + michigan was GREAT
 HAPPPPPPY
 eye check. she was so good for the doctors- especially when they let her play with that toy.
 Logjam patio weather!


 St. Patricks Day cupcakes
 I don't know if you can see, but there is a patch in hand, one on the carseat and one below it... ripping those things off left and right these days.
 running!
It was a pretty serious day at the library! No smiles from this girl! Although one boy came up to us and asked:  "Is she a pirate?" LOL!

Happy 1.5 years of life Lucy. You are more than we could have ever asked for. We love you so much.

XO, 
erica

Comments

  1. Don't let the mom guilt get to you! 1.5-2.5 years was my hardest time with Matthew, the tantrums were epic and daily. I definitely raised my voice sometimes. At 2.5 years he came out of that stage and is seriously an angel; since then and through now at 4.5 I could not possibly ask for a better son. I found that 1-2-3 Magic was the best of the books I tried for the preverbal stages. You might want to check it out; it took us from daily tantrums to weekly, and then they disappeared completely. After a week or two, I never got past "1" when I'd count. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dan and Pam +

 One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.  This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.  Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!  Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂  Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha  The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.  Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...

Wolfpack.

We had a good day with these lifetime friends of mine. PHS class of ‘04.  Linds is so good at getting everyone together. She planned this whole day and then everyone took the day off work/ got kids out of activities and sports and made the effort to see one another.  Friendship of 35 years is a true gift. I feel like these girls watched me grow up. From playing boxcar children in the basement to jr high shenanigans/ all the trips to Treasure Island to studying abroad together in Italy to visiting each others first homes/ attending weddings /welcoming in motherhood and most recently keeping up on Marco Polo I am thankful for these gals.     Recreating a picture from 7 yrs ago 😂  As we were saying our goodbyes we looked down and BURST into laughter. Must be a 40 yr old thing.  Memories upon memories with this crew.  xo. edc.   

goodbye summer 2026

I headed back to BHP today after what may have been the best summer ever. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was ready to go back I would have said no, but I think God does a good job of preparing our hearts for big changes if we allow him to, and I truly felt prepared walking into school today.  My classroom has a ways to go to be ready to welcome in students to meet the teacher night on Wednesday-- but I know I'll get there.  Routine is good, and I packed my lunch last night, laid out my clothes and after work today headed to the grocery before grilling up some chicken for dinner. I needed something to remind me that I love feeding my family well, being somewhat organized and nights at home after a day away. Here are some summer lasts: Mornings on the front porch with coffee + 1 kid + a game?!?!? THE BEST Also a LOT of Rummikub lately a Friday morning of cinnamon chip scones might be the best way to start the day family bike ride on the Brown's Creek Trail 12 miles w...