One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.
This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.

We said our goodbyes at Nelson’s. Which only seems fitting for this fam. Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!
Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂
Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha
The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.
Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We hunkered down off the beaten path and didn’t see a soul. We named the waterfall we sat next to the 4th waterfall and I don’t think it gets much better than this.
Trip planner extraordinaire. And the maker of fun. She’s seriously the best.
So pretty.
Celebrated moms birthday with chocolate cake, chicken gyros and a new game called Wavelength
We did A LOT of this. Floating.
Sigge paddled around, fished and also was patient enough to catch fish in a net!

Bye Dan and Pam. Thanks for loving us so well and bringing the fun to MN.
back at home I got a new watercolor book and we've been learning some new tips and tricks. The one above is SIGGE's! He is so talented.
There was a day last week that was SO hot and although we have access to a lake 25 minutes away sometimes you just need a home day. So we did the old fashioned thing: Run through the sprinkler/ jump on the trampoline/ drink lemonade and dry off in the sun. It was super fun and although it wasn't on our summer bucket list it probably should have been- so I am glad we did it :)
I have less than 2 weeks before I head back to BHP :( This has been the best summer ever and I do not want it to end.
xo. edc.

.jpeg)












Comments
Post a Comment