Skip to main content

Life Lately, Lucy 23 months, Olle 1 month

Can't believe next month Lucy will be TWO?! Where did my little baby girl go?? It's been an awesome month, full of lots of ups, and quite a few downs as we figure out how to be parents of an almost 2 year old, with a new baby in the house.
Sten and I have talked more about parenting this month than I would like to admit. Lucy's patching and glasses wearing continue to be our biggest struggle. She knows that to get attention all she has to do is rip off her patch. This is her trump card for everything-- but especially now that she has to share the attention with Olle. We've instituted time outs for every time she takes it off, and this seems to be helping... but THE STRUGGLE IS REAL! She is such a little smarty!
Some of her favorites include:
- hiding under blankets with dad
- horsey rides
- dancing (all the time!)
- any kid she knows by name, but she has REALLY been on a Tyler and Emma kick lately (my cousins that live in Eau Claire)
- helping me in the kitchen, and cooking in her kitchen
- Sofia the First
- floating in her tube in the pool

Olle is awesome! We love him so much. He continues to be super chill and laid back, however, has recently been awake a lot more lately and doesn't seem to know what to do with himself :) He's over 10 lbs already!
He loves:
- being held
- being on his tummy
- the moby wrap
- stroller rides
- car rides

Here's some recent pics:
 Dream.Boat.
 "hold-a O-dd-e???"
 This was an exceptionally rough day. Lucy would not nap and Olle was fussy. I put them both in the stroller and walked for TWO hours. They both slept the entire time. It was silent and amazing.
 went out on a date without the kids!!!!!! Thanks to the Brooks family for watch Lucy and Olle. It was the BEST!
 She is too funny.
 as you can notice he is starting to lose his locks! :(
 "mama, take my pictooo"
 This is the best I can do of both of them... LOL

Next month we'll have a 2 month old and a 2 year old?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
xo, 
erica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

goodbye summer 2026

I headed back to BHP today after what may have been the best summer ever. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was ready to go back I would have said no, but I think God does a good job of preparing our hearts for big changes if we allow him to, and I truly felt prepared walking into school today.  My classroom has a ways to go to be ready to welcome in students to meet the teacher night on Wednesday-- but I know I'll get there.  Routine is good, and I packed my lunch last night, laid out my clothes and after work today headed to the grocery before grilling up some chicken for dinner. I needed something to remind me that I love feeding my family well, being somewhat organized and nights at home after a day away. Here are some summer lasts: Mornings on the front porch with coffee + 1 kid + a game?!?!? THE BEST Also a LOT of Rummikub lately a Friday morning of cinnamon chip scones might be the best way to start the day family bike ride on the Brown's Creek Trail 12 miles w...

Wolfpack.

We had a good day with these lifetime friends of mine. PHS class of ‘04.  Linds is so good at getting everyone together. She planned this whole day and then everyone took the day off work/ got kids out of activities and sports and made the effort to see one another.  Friendship of 35 years is a true gift. I feel like these girls watched me grow up. From playing boxcar children in the basement to jr high shenanigans/ all the trips to Treasure Island to studying abroad together in Italy to visiting each others first homes/ attending weddings /welcoming in motherhood and most recently keeping up on Marco Polo I am thankful for these gals.     Recreating a picture from 7 yrs ago 😂  As we were saying our goodbyes we looked down and BURST into laughter. Must be a 40 yr old thing.  Memories upon memories with this crew.  xo. edc.   

Dan and Pam +

 One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.  This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.  Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!  Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂  Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha  The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.  Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...