Skip to main content

Family Camp

We've really packed it in over the last few weeks. I can't believe we started July with Family Camp, and now here it is: next week will be August. I hate seeing Summer fly by. July was so good to our family. We took our first Sunday off, and went to Family Camp and had the time of our lives. I have a hard time describing the magic, but it was the perfect mix of time in a beautiful place, family time, Sten and me time, away time, free time, structured time.... it was just all around a great week. Some highlights include:
 One of my favorite views in the entire world. Sleeping in a tent is pure bliss for me. We camped right near Mackinac Island and the kids loved every minute of tent life.  Plus-- got to cross it off my resolution list for this year!
 morning snuggles. 
Why doesn't this guy sleep in at home???
 Lucy took this picture. I wanted to document my 7/7 State Park 18 for 2018 goal
 I'd say the highlight of Mackinac Island for us was finding this spot and throwing rocks. We couldn't have asked for a nicer day (although the island was quite busy), it was blue skies, and bright sun, and the kids were most certainly worn out for our last night of camping.


We left Mackinaw City, and headed to CAMP! Whoop Whoop!
Biggest highlight: being with Cousins. I get a little teary looking at this pic. Loved the quality time my kids had with their cousins and tons of other kids. 
 Aunt MIM!
 Craft hall piggy banks!
 This is where we spent all of our free time.... sand and water on repeat.
 Obviously last ones on the beach.
 this boy loves trucks.
And Lucy could literally sit in the sand all day I think.
 Olle loved spending time with his "little cousin" Jonah. They are less than a year apart and Olle was just in love with him. They were constantly hugging and holding hands.

 two blondies!
 MATCHING!
They didn't actually get pulled by the boat, but wanted to sit in the tube. 
hugs on the beach!
 One of my favorite memories of the week was going to watch the sunset at the point. I can't even describe the beauty of this place, but it sure is special.
 These two little siblings.

 Can't believe we got a family picture!
 It was 10pm by this point. The sky just kept getting more and more beautiful, but the bugs started getting so bad! We finally packed it up, but the kids would have stayed til it was pitch black, they were having the time of their lives.
love this guy!
Olle celebrated his THIRD bday at camp, with lots of family and a little cake down by the lake. What a lucky guy. He got basketball clothes, and nike shoes from all the family, and you would have thought he won the jackpot. I've never seen him so happy. He just kept looking at his shoes saying: "I look so cool!"
 Post Chapel fun at camp
 Crate stacking! weirdest concept, but so much harder than it looks, I was shaking so hard up there. But I am glad I did it, felt like a big accomplishment, even though most of the 9 year olds got higher than me :)
Sten kept asking me what kind of things I wanted to do while at camp, and I didn't really have anything on my list EXCEPT run to the point. I am happy to say, I got 2 runs to the point! One by myself, and one with a staffer, who is running her FIRST marathon this fall! So excited for her.
 We got away on a date night and stopped at the lookout on our way back to camp. It was a little hazy that day, but this view is spectacular!
last one. Mim sent me this picture after we were home and already missing camp. They both have red vines licorice in their hands and you can just tell they are happy and feel safe and loved. I am so glad we had the chance to spend a week at PLCBC, we are the luckiest.

LOVE. edc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dan and Pam +

 One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go.  This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time.  Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom!  Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂  Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha  The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop.  Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...

Wolfpack.

We had a good day with these lifetime friends of mine. PHS class of ‘04.  Linds is so good at getting everyone together. She planned this whole day and then everyone took the day off work/ got kids out of activities and sports and made the effort to see one another.  Friendship of 35 years is a true gift. I feel like these girls watched me grow up. From playing boxcar children in the basement to jr high shenanigans/ all the trips to Treasure Island to studying abroad together in Italy to visiting each others first homes/ attending weddings /welcoming in motherhood and most recently keeping up on Marco Polo I am thankful for these gals.     Recreating a picture from 7 yrs ago 😂  As we were saying our goodbyes we looked down and BURST into laughter. Must be a 40 yr old thing.  Memories upon memories with this crew.  xo. edc.   

goodbye summer 2026

I headed back to BHP today after what may have been the best summer ever. If you would have asked me a week ago if I was ready to go back I would have said no, but I think God does a good job of preparing our hearts for big changes if we allow him to, and I truly felt prepared walking into school today.  My classroom has a ways to go to be ready to welcome in students to meet the teacher night on Wednesday-- but I know I'll get there.  Routine is good, and I packed my lunch last night, laid out my clothes and after work today headed to the grocery before grilling up some chicken for dinner. I needed something to remind me that I love feeding my family well, being somewhat organized and nights at home after a day away. Here are some summer lasts: Mornings on the front porch with coffee + 1 kid + a game?!?!? THE BEST Also a LOT of Rummikub lately a Friday morning of cinnamon chip scones might be the best way to start the day family bike ride on the Brown's Creek Trail 12 miles w...