How did Labor Day come and go?
I got to spend it at one of my favorite places on earth, with some of my favorite people on earth.
I couldn't love these 2 more. They MUST be besties forever.
On Monday we hit the Gateway Trail and biked. I ran because I forgot my bike adapter to pull Sigge in the trailer.... Trying to keep up with bikers while pushing a stroller is HARD. I also wasn't planning on Lucy being so fast/not taking a million breaks, so I was solo for the majority of the 11 miles. It really didn't phase me, as I love running new routes and the tree canopy was so pretty.
Jessica and the kids started school yesterday, I usually view that as my official end to summer since I won't get to see my sister every other day anymore.
Sunday was the PERFECT bonfire night. Mom even grabbed the sparklers and we celebrated end of summer with all my favorite things-- Bonfire, S'mores, Sparklers.
On Saturday morning we went to Matt's garden and got SO many goodies!!! I spent the majority of Saturday in the kitchen, chopping, cooking, baking and prepping. Garden food is the best food and we've been enjoying it all week long.
Sigge-boy helped me pick all these jalapeños for pickling. He loves the garden and loves to pull things off the vine.
Goodbye Summer, I love you with my whole heart. xo. edc.






Comments
Post a Comment