Merry Christmas from me and my tiny corner of the world. I’m thankful for this memory keeper and the stamp it marks on time. 2023 was a year of growth for me in many ways and I think I’ll look back and be extra grateful for this year and all the things I learned.
2023 was also a year of loving my family and being my best and giving my all into making our home tick. I loved our lake time together and feel immensely grateful for the opportunity to make memories in really beautiful places.
I’ve come to the realization this year more than ever how much is right in front of me. No need to look back or strain to see what’s coming next. God has given me so much. Here’s what I have.
I have a church that continues to pour into my kids and teach them that a life with Jesus > a life on our own. Olle made the best decision of his life and went public with his choice to follow Jesus and getting baptized this year.I have a hobby that brings me insane amounts of joy. I discovered trail running this year and spent many miles in the woods and was happy. I have a great community of athletes around me who continue to push, inspire and motivate me to be my best as I get older.
I have a deck with a bonfire pit and 5 chairs. This place brings out the best in us. Lots of silly conversations and books read around the fire.
I have a family that loves being together. Favorites: the lake! jumping off the boat, playing all the games, going on all the walks, eating all the cabin food. It was a good summer.
I’ve got Sten, who’s loved me the best and who I got to celebrate being married to for 15 years. I’ve never questioned his love for me, he cheers me on, encourages me to do the things that feel scary and makes me laugh harder than anyone else. He’s a man who loves Jesus and loves others and he shows up every single day ready to serve God and our family.
I’ve got 3 amazing kids. Lucy who is kind and loving and carefree and creative. Olle who is driven, athletic, thoughtful and loyal. Sigge who is silly and brings joy into every corner of my life. I can’t believe these 3 are mine.
I have so much, because God is so good. This Christmas I am reminded that because God loved us so much He gave his son to this world in the form of a baby to save us. He is the light of the world. And I am thankful. xo. edc.










Comments
Post a Comment