I didn’t stop at my bathrooms today. I cleaned my kitchen, vacuumed, did a load of laundry, went for an early walk, biked and ran. I am sitting here with a cup of tea feeling some of that ‘outer order inner calm’ and it feels good.
I made carnitas in the crockpot yesterday and tonight I am going to roast some sweet potatoes, sauté onions and peppers and we are going to have a fiesta! I might even light some candles for the middle of the table! I’ve been transporting all of my cooked food into passable dishes… My sister, and I used to always laugh about this, because my mom is the queen of dirtying so many things for presentation sake. But there’s something comforting about putting food in nice bowls and passing it around the table. It’s something important to me, and I want my kids to learn how to do it. For the past week, I’ve been doing extra dishes, and it feels totally worth it. I love dinner time so much, and I want my kids to love it too. I know this may air on the side of whimsy, but what if my kids favorite memory of growing up was dinner time? I would die such a happy mom.
Happy to be exactly where I am right now. xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment