I’m so happy I could cry. I fretted about making this sourdough loaf all week. It was a 2024 goal and when a friend randomly texted me: do you want some sourdough starter? I was shocked. I had just started scoping out FB marketplace for starters in my area and this felt like the ultimate gift that I’d get one from a friend.
She told me what to buy on Amazon, and then while waiting for my gear to arrive I worried about keeping my starter alive all week. It was touch and go for a little bit, but I got it going and then watched a YouTube tutorial 4 times while frantically writing down everything he said with correct measurements, temperatures and how many times to fold the dough…. What a process!
Last night at 8pm I started my overnight fermentation and then couldn’t wait to get started this morning! I did it!! It’s so beautiful and I am really happy.
Here’s to many more loaves and lots of perfecting.
xo. edc.



Comments
Post a Comment