Merry Christmas! I have started this post a few different times. How do I sum up a year that has been so full? and has also gone so fast that I actually can't believe it's over?!
We started the year in Michigan, spent a snow-less winter in Hudson, did all of our favorite things over the summer, 4/5 of us started school in the fall and now we end 2024 staying warm and cozy in our Christmas-decorated home trying to slow down time.
Lucy age 11 is almost as tall as me. she is the kindest human you will ever meet. She loves everything. She especially loves reading, playing, making up plays and girl dates with mom. I love spending time with this gift of a child. She makes my world a better place and I can't believe she's mine.
Olle age 9 is all sports all the time. You will rarely see him without a football, wearing something pertaining to football, talking about football or asking to have a friend over to play football. He loves our family so much. He loves traditions and all things nostalgia. I love spending time with Olle one on one because he makes you feel so special. He is an amazing guy and i can't wait to continue to watch him grow up.
Sigge is 5 and started kindergarten this year. He is rocking it. He has great friends, a great attitude and loves learning. Watching him walk through the door with his back pack on each afternoon makes me feel like-- when did my baby grow up? This child oozes joy. He's an amazing artist and has started doing tutorials for Sten and I- teaching us how to draw certain characters and it is extremely impressive his level of detail and precision. My world would not be as fun without Sigge in it, he makes everyday more joyful.
Sten is amazing. He is the rock that we all lean on and the starter of fun. He continued to sing and play guitar around town this year. Midcurrent has grown too. we added a full time worship leader and a part time admin-- the tiny staff of me and him and a church of 40 has grown! Sten and I celebrated 16 years this November and I love him so much.
I also ran 2 marathons and completed a half Ironman-- feeling grateful I have legs that can run, bike and swim. I set out this year to: "be where my feet are" to enjoy the moment I am in, and I can honestly say I did that. I found joy in my home, while driving to activities, while cooking and cleaning and I feel so thankful for this life of mine.
2025 will be full of trying my hardest to slow down time while watching my kids grow. Chasing PRs in running, and a lot of filling my home with people I love.
Merry Christmas 2024!
"I bring you good news of great joy to all people. The Savior-- yes the Messiah, the Lord-- has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!" Luke 2:10
xo.edc


Erica - It is so good to see your fam all grown up! Lucy almost as tall as you? Crazy. So happy for you all. How lucky we were to have Cedarbrook be your launching pad!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Erica, we are so lucky to have you at Preschool! Have a wonderful Christmas and an amazing 2025!!
ReplyDelete