I love a new year. A calendar flip, a blank slate, a fresh start. I like goals and thoughts of bettering myself and my life. I love the idea of what my life could look like in 365 days with a few small tweaks. Or what could be waiting on the other side if I change my outlook and have renewed focus and excitement in a particular area of my life.
This year is no different. However I am approaching it a little uniquely. For one, I didn’t make “25” goals as I have in the past. I also didn’t choose BIG goals. I am making small goals with the hope that I’ll actually keep them and build some trust in myself that what I say is what I do. As I get older I am looking more “big picture” which means brain health, living long and being able to enjoy life as I age. This is important to me as I think about the act of aging and being miserable. I want to be the opposite of that.
So my tiny goal is that I make a promise to myself everyday to write down my 1 priority, read my Bible and devotional, do my pushups and read over my list of life rules. And my other goal is to do a 50 mile run if I get in the lottery.
It’s bitterly cold, but we made it to mom and dads frozen lake for ice skating and it was dreamy and I felt so alive and I want to leave whatever I’m doing right now and go back.
Anyone else feel like a hibernating bear in winter? I slept 9.5 hours the other night and couldn’t even believe it. Like, who am I?
Christmas in Geneva brought back major memories of me and my cousins working on a dance or a commercial or something that we would then perform for our parents and we thought we were amazing.
Lucy, Raine, Skye and Elin worked the ENTIRE 3 days on a musical but the sad thing is, they never performed it for us. Lucy had so much fun and I think her dream would be to do that every day of her life if she could.
My mother in law gave me this book for Christmas and it’s really interesting. I reheated Olle’s breakfast burrito for him for dinner yesterday bc the thought of the average American throwing away 20 pounds of food per person in their household per month made me want to GAG. I’m determined to be marginally better this year.
Back to routine today. First full week of school. Small groups at church starting. Back to 5:30a at the YMCA. Packing lunches. Meal planning. Meal prepping. Schedule coordinating. All. The. Things.
xo. edc.







Comments
Post a Comment