It’s Easter week. I just am realizing I never got out my decorations. Is it too late? I think not, I will do that this afternoon.
It’s early and my house is quiet. I am usually out running at this time and decided my body needs a little break this week, so I am giving myself just that. I like quiet mornings. Gives me a chance to focus on what I want my days to look like and sip my coffee slowly. Mornings feel so fleeting. And normally I want to pack everything in. It feels nice to not have an agenda. I started an Easter Bible plan and will take time this week to focus on this important week. It should really be my main priority as someone who believes in the power of the resurrection, and yet too often, it gets pushed to the back- out of sight.
Here’s some things lately:
I made sourdough over the weekend and my loaf FINALLY turned out. I’ve had many duds lately. I’m not sure what I did, except for buying my flour at the co-op. So I will do that from now on.
What a mood huh? I was running on Thursday, thinking about how it was such a nice day until I turned the corner and WOW. I did get wet and there was something so great about running in the rain.
The cutest little baker-helper there ever was. This guy is an instant pick me up. The brightest spot in a dreary day, and the ultimate cuddler. I reallllllly don't want him to grow up.
What a dream of a morning. Love these running friends of mine.
Sten last-minute filled in for a band that cancelled on Friday night and the kids and I had the best time- playing trivia! Seriously, we are all so into it. The place filled up with families of small children and it was like watching us 8 years ago. Trying to keep your kids entertained while still hanging out with friends, meanwhile your baby is crawling along the brewery floor... it was fun to see and fun to remember those good times as my current life looks vastly different.
My class loves being outside. We spent so many hours outside on Friday. I got the chalk out, we went for a nature hike... I feel lucky that I get to scrap plans and head outside, where learning and creativity flourish! (also, totally missed the R in SPRING) lol
I am so ready for these warmer temps. I don't think I can take one more day in the 30's. Like for real. I am ready for sun kissed cheeks, and endless time in the backyard and walks around the neighborhood. My body kind of failed on me Saturday. I ran my big long run in the morning and then just totally went downhill after that. I ended up in bed for 15 hours in and out of sleep the whole time. I think I just need to take it easy this week-- so that's what I'll do. Cook good food, get extra sleep and slow down.
35 school days left.
41 days until Sugar Badger.
BOOM!
xo. edc







Comments
Post a Comment