I am compiling a list of things I am learning this summer, because I don't want to forget my growth. I think my greatest lessons happen when my body is moving. My legs get pedaling on a bicycle and all of the sudden I notice things I haven't noticed before. I am on a quiet walk with Sten and parenting moments replay in my head and I think of ways I want to repair and re-bring up some things I have fallen short on. Or I am speed cleaning and feeling grateful in ways that I couldn't even dream of during the school year. We have to work. We have to make money and it takes money to live and do the things that make us come alive, but what is the minimum amount you can work and still live? I feel during the school year like I am trying my hardest to stay afloat and then summer comes and I spend 4 hours weeding and sawing off buckthorn branches like a boss. Maybe tho, this is the sweet spot? Maybe the work-season leads into the non-work season so that the non-work season feels like the gift that it is. I sat and drew a bass fish with Sigge yesterday, made up a chocolate sea salt granola recipe this week, joyfully packed up swim stuff and lunches and water bottles day after day, snuck in a visit with Great Grandma Kay, said yes to an impromptu boat day with friends... Maybe this summer should be about an un-bucket list-- a "enjoy the moment when you get the moment" kind of summer.
Here are some "un-bucklist" moments from the last week :)











Comments
Post a Comment