Skip to main content

VERY special weekend.

Talk about a BIG weekend. Seriously. I am filled to the brim with love and food. I took lots of pictures to document this celebratory weekend full of MOTHERS. Here are some things that I did
#1. Gave homemade Mother's Day cards to all the mothers in our lives. (If you ever need someone to make you cards- let me know- I LOVE DOING IT)
#2. Celebrated my cousin Jeremy's graduation from UIC. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Mom, and Grandma in CHICAGO!
#3. Had everyone in our little apartment and got to use our NEW TABLE (it was a hit)
#4. SOOOO proud of my cousin! He is so awesome and he deserves to eat on the "You are special today" plate and eat 10 slices of this fantastic cake. (I can't take credit for this cake)
#5. Celebrated with my mom at Tre Kronor. So what if we were a little tired? and walked over in our sweats? That's whats so great about mom's... You get to be 100% you! I am in LOVE with this woman. She's the one who read me Bible stories at night and practiced my spelling with me. She's the one who picked nits out of my hair endlessly when I got lice. She was my chauffeur to and from youth group and sleepovers. She taught me how to be artsy and encouraged me to paint, draw and color. She consoled me when Jessica left for Ecuador and I didn't think I would make it through my senior year of high school without her. She's the one who generously saved for me every month of every year of my life so I could go to college. She gave me my adventurous side and was SO excited when I was picked to go study in Italy. She's the one who took me to JoAnn's 3x a week while we planned my wedding together (and saved the coupons in every paper she could find). She's the one who bought a last minute ticket to Colorado when I found out we sold our house and I got a job and helped me pack up every last inch of our house, and wrap every last dish with bubble wrap... She's the one who has prayed for me everyday of my life. This is only a small window into the woman she is and the way she cares for me. I love her so much my eyes are watering.
#6. Went to Geneva and spent the morning on Meredith's deck with a LOVELY brunch and even lovelier company. Sten is lucky to have a mom like her and I think I got even luckier that I can call her my M-I-L. I can't speak for Sten, and I haven't known Meredith as long as my own mother. But here are the things that I love about her: She loves me like her own. She loves Sten like I love Sten. She affirms all of my good qualities. She makes me feel so good to be ME. She loves frosting as much as I do. She is real about her faith and doesn't make it seem hooky- but instead so real. She laughs at ALL of Sten's jokes, even the ones I don't laugh at. She is ALWAYS thinking about Christmas presents for the following year. She would give us her entire fridge and pantry if we let her. She is a beautiful person. Inside and out.
#7. The brunch Sten and I made this morning. Egg Bake, home made cinnamon rolls with almond frosting, fruit salad and some delicious Starbucks "Three Regions" blend. The "You Are Special Today" plate made 2 appearances this weekend.

What I didn't include was our latest BYO adventure. Since it is such a long post dedicated to our ah-mazing family, I am going to save that for tomorrow. Over-flowing with love and slightly sunburned I am ending this weekend with some Amazing Race with my husband who's new name for me is "Blogg-o" (I think that's a good thing) :)
xoxo.
edc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

back 2 school. back at it. back to reality 2026

We eeeked out every last drop until it was time to head back to school on Wednesday. Annual tradition trip to Lucette after Meet the Teacher is the photo above. Happy to report that everyone did great the first 3 days of school- although I don't know if we're quite ready for a full 5 day week starting tomorrow :) Sten took the boys to Michigan to go to his cousins daughters wedding and they did something that Sten introduced me to when we were dating and on staff together at PLCBC- diving for golf balls! The boys thought it was a blast and I love that they got a bright blue -sunny -skies day to make the water look turquoise and the ball finding easy. While the boys were gone Lucy and I whooped it up! We went to the first Hudson football game... Went to the Glenwood City Rodeo.... AND drove to Iowa to see Josiah Queen at the Iowa State Fair!  Fun is an understatement to describe this little getaway and I feel so lucky we got to do this together. Then it was BACK TO REALITY! holy...

bookends/ teacher things/fall poem

The bookends of my day yesterday was God's way of showing me that I am going to be ok. This picture from my solo run in the morning was absolutely perfect. Cold hands, fast road miles, worship music and a text from a friend right in the middle of it saying that I was top of her prayer list that morning. Then in the evening the boys were outside playing waffle ball and Lucy was walking around the neighborhood with friends and I cranked up my music and cleaned the entire middle/lower level. I stopped at one point and thought-- this is the biggest gift right now.  Other things: I love pens. and there is something so satisfying about having every single color of felt tip/ gel tip at your disposal. lol. Life touch teacher photos--why is my ear showing so much? Is this what I always look like? Haley hosted the Badland Babes for some brunch after our Willow run on Saturday and she made THE most delicious food, didn't know I needed a bonfire until I was sitting in this chair eating thi...

Merry Christmas 2022

I am in complete denial that an entire year has passed! Where did 2022 go?! We celebrated some big milestones, had a lot of fun, and enjoyed our family most. Here are some highlights and lessons learned from 2022.  So. Much. Swimming! Lesson learned: ALWAYS get in the water. You’ll never regret it. Your kids will love you for it and you’ll make way more memories from inside the water than up on the boat. This day was particularly special as we were all together with Uncle Dan and Aunt Pam. We swam, we ate, we boated and we didn’t want the day to end. Having mom and dad move permanently to the Lake has been the BEST.  Midcurrent MOVED! We raised the money, hired the people, decorated and paved the way for more people to get to know Jesus. Before the carpet was laid we wrote prayers on the floor and I am so excited to see what 2023 will bring for Midcurrent. Lesson learned: do the big thing! Give people a chance to show up and see what God can do! Family camp is ALWAYS a highlig...