The summer is flying by and we couldn't wait to get back up to Bay Lake last weekend! I can't describe the feeling of that place. Watching my kids experience it with giddy laughter and constant excitement makes it all the better (as if that is even possible).
We spent so much time playing, fishing, eating and boating that I had to have my camera out at all times. I wanted to soak up all these memories, so when the snow falls, "I can close my eyes, and be back up north at the cabin".
I think one of my FAVORITE memories from the weekend was when Lucy and I went into Garrison to pick up some "smarshmellows" and then had a girl adventure at the walleye. Lucy couldn't wait to get back and tell daddy that we had girl time, and she was just so sweet and adorable. It was this moment of time that was so "on-a-whim" and yet, so special, like I was on borrowed time with my almost 4 year old.
While we were out adventuring, the boys were fishing. Night 1 was really a gift, and I think we all soaked it in deep.
When Lucy and I got back, Sten had a fire started and we kept the kids up late, laughing, and eating our smarshmellows. These smiles just make my heart LEAP!
Day 2 was a little overcast, and not very warm. We hung around the cabin... played games and read books. Normally rainy days at the lake mean we go out and do something, but it felt so good just be there and not do anything!
We spent so much time playing, fishing, eating and boating that I had to have my camera out at all times. I wanted to soak up all these memories, so when the snow falls, "I can close my eyes, and be back up north at the cabin".
I think one of my FAVORITE memories from the weekend was when Lucy and I went into Garrison to pick up some "smarshmellows" and then had a girl adventure at the walleye. Lucy couldn't wait to get back and tell daddy that we had girl time, and she was just so sweet and adorable. It was this moment of time that was so "on-a-whim" and yet, so special, like I was on borrowed time with my almost 4 year old.
While we were out adventuring, the boys were fishing. Night 1 was really a gift, and I think we all soaked it in deep.
When Lucy and I got back, Sten had a fire started and we kept the kids up late, laughing, and eating our smarshmellows. These smiles just make my heart LEAP!
Day 2 was a little overcast, and not very warm. We hung around the cabin... played games and read books. Normally rainy days at the lake mean we go out and do something, but it felt so good just be there and not do anything!
I came home from my run and spotted these 3 sitting on the dock having chats. SO sweet.
Lots of treats at the cabin. Olle woke up on the last morning and said: cookie?... eeeek!
we caught some MONSTER fish :)
Lucy's really took the cake-- can you even see it??
YAHTZEEEEEE
Just a little magazine reading....
That night it cleared up and we witnessed a BEAUTIFUL sunset!
The next morning, I ran around Bay Lake, then passed the cabin and on to Ruttgers! 18 miles of pure bliss, especially knowing I had donuts to look forward to :)
He is really eye-ing up that donut! But obviously had no trouble eating it :)
We came back to the cabin, got on our swimsuits, packed a lunch and went out on the boat for the afternoon, where the kids quickly fell asleep and SLEPT for almost 2 hours. It was the best thing EVER. Sten and I basically got to have a boat date!
We topped off the night with one more fire, then said goodbye to Bay Lake in the morning.
How cute are these sweeties?!?!
Bay Lake, we love you forever and ever.
Love, erica















Comments
Post a Comment