It was the longest day of the year on Friday. I celebrated by waking up with the birds, reprioritizing my morning, thinking about my summer mantra, eating my veggies and eggs breakfast, cleaning my kitchen, running, doing a short yoga workout and ending the night with a porch sit. It’s sad to think the days are now getting shorter, what a magical time of year this is.
I have decided on routine as my summer mantra. I have worked really hard this year to put some really good habits into place and I feel happiest and healthier when I stick to them. At first the word adventure came to mind when thinking of a mantra, but I have enough adventures in my life at this point :). Routine for me means getting up at the same time each morning (5a) and reading , working out, putting in a load of laundry, starting each day thankful and ready for whatever comes. I’ve also made quiet hour mandatory for Lucy and Olle, so I have a break in the middle of my day. I’m eating better and trying to stop eating 3 hours before bedtime. I’ll check in mid- July with an update.
xo. edc.
routine
I have decided on routine as my summer mantra. I have worked really hard this year to put some really good habits into place and I feel happiest and healthier when I stick to them. At first the word adventure came to mind when thinking of a mantra, but I have enough adventures in my life at this point :). Routine for me means getting up at the same time each morning (5a) and reading , working out, putting in a load of laundry, starting each day thankful and ready for whatever comes. I’ve also made quiet hour mandatory for Lucy and Olle, so I have a break in the middle of my day. I’m eating better and trying to stop eating 3 hours before bedtime. I’ll check in mid- July with an update.
xo. edc.
routine

Such a great summer mantra! I am longing for routine in my life, which is hard with a little baby. What time do you go to bed? I have such a difficult time forcing myself to end the night. 😊
ReplyDelete