Well. I made it one week on posting my favorites on Friday. Here is the Sunday edition:
1// I would lovingly dub this week the 'week of parks'. They are not all pictured but we went to the park 4 out of 4 days, one day hitting up 2 parks. The weather was perfect for monkey bars, slides and swings. I had a lot of one-on-one time with each kid this week since they Lucy and Olle started school at different times. I was trying my hardest to soak up all the last moments and I think we did!
There's a lot of bench sitting with Sigge, watching the big kids make friends and play weird games that are 100% made up, but I love it. I love how Lucy and Olle can jump in, and run around, and then come back with red faces, panting for water.
2// Lucy requested Banana Chocolate Chip muffins one afternoon while Olle was at school. I am always up for a bake session with my girl, since she is not usually my baker. Sigge got in on the action too. We popped him up on the counter and took turns stirring, and making him laugh.
3// Last-- I found a new recipe for 100% wheat bread! AND it is good, AND it rises AND it looks like real bread. When I sub wheat flour with my favorite bread recipe it turns out flat and super dense and tastes a little like cardboard. This bread is not like that. I have eliminated almost all refined grains from our home, and now that I have this recipe I can almost completely make the switch!
It was a really sweet week soaking in some last moments with the kids. I did A LOT of playing dollhouse with Lucy, because deep down I know the days of her asking me to do that are very numbered. At one point we were playing and my sister facetimed in and Lucy said: "Don't tell Olive that I am playing dollhouse with a parent" ....WHAT? Is she already embarrassed of me?!?! It went by at lightning speed and I can't handle it.
Here's to week 2 of school!
xo. edc.
1// I would lovingly dub this week the 'week of parks'. They are not all pictured but we went to the park 4 out of 4 days, one day hitting up 2 parks. The weather was perfect for monkey bars, slides and swings. I had a lot of one-on-one time with each kid this week since they Lucy and Olle started school at different times. I was trying my hardest to soak up all the last moments and I think we did!
There's a lot of bench sitting with Sigge, watching the big kids make friends and play weird games that are 100% made up, but I love it. I love how Lucy and Olle can jump in, and run around, and then come back with red faces, panting for water.
2// Lucy requested Banana Chocolate Chip muffins one afternoon while Olle was at school. I am always up for a bake session with my girl, since she is not usually my baker. Sigge got in on the action too. We popped him up on the counter and took turns stirring, and making him laugh.
3// Last-- I found a new recipe for 100% wheat bread! AND it is good, AND it rises AND it looks like real bread. When I sub wheat flour with my favorite bread recipe it turns out flat and super dense and tastes a little like cardboard. This bread is not like that. I have eliminated almost all refined grains from our home, and now that I have this recipe I can almost completely make the switch!
It was a really sweet week soaking in some last moments with the kids. I did A LOT of playing dollhouse with Lucy, because deep down I know the days of her asking me to do that are very numbered. At one point we were playing and my sister facetimed in and Lucy said: "Don't tell Olive that I am playing dollhouse with a parent" ....WHAT? Is she already embarrassed of me?!?! It went by at lightning speed and I can't handle it.
Here's to week 2 of school!
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment