Yesterday I had my family over for dinner and I found so much joy in setting the table. There was absolutely nothing fancy about it. My placemats, plates, silverware, napkins and glasses didn’t match. There was no grand centerpiece or name cards, but the act of putting in the extra leaf and placing each setting made me grateful for the anticipation of the people that would be sitting around the table. I think a set table brings so much comfort because it says: I have planned for you, I’m expecting you, and I’m so glad you’re here. Getting ready for dinner yesterday was just what I needed. There are things right now that I can not control, but I can control outer order in my home and what I put on my table and who I invite to sit around it. And that is enough right now.
xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment