Here are a few of my favorite moments of 2021.
#1. This weekend at the lake was maybe my biggest highlight of our year. We decided on a total whim to head up after the cabin was already closed... no running water and cool temps. It checked all the boxes for me. Total adventure, spur of the moment, super low key, beautiful, unexpected perfect weather and my favorite people in the world.
It's hard not to feel like we are our best versions of ourselves when we are at the lake. We are all a little kinder, a little more relaxed, and always adventure-ready. I hope the kids feel it too. It's special.
#3. Portage Lake Bible Camp. Spending 2 weeks in Michigan was good for the soul. In a short amount of time this place has become magical to our children, and I am not surprised. They are known, they are loved, and they are free! I love the amount of time I get to spend with them, I love the amount of time I get to spend by myself, I love the amount of time I get to spend with Sten and I love the amount of time I get to catch up with extended family. It feels like a solid place to rejuvenate!
The day this picture was taken felt extra special because it was just the 5 of us in between the 2 camps and we spent the day swimming in the cold "Big Lake", eating pringles and playing in the sand.
#4. Realizing that sometimes you just have to go out and spend some money as a family.... this has been new for us in 2021. We are solid "eat at home" people, but Sten and I both realized this year that we need more "eat out" days in our lives. It breaks up the routine juuuuuuust enough to remember that we DO love spending time with our kids and they are fun and growing up really fast. It forces longer conversation and funny moments and no dishes or things that distract us when we're at home.
Hoping for more "eat out" days in 2022.
#5. Maybe it's just because its December now, but this season with the kids is my favorite. Decorating was fun this year, every morning in December is exciting, and I just feel like the ages RIGHT now of the kids is the best. Lucy: constantly reading, wanting to play games, still into make believe, being the absolute best big sister. Olle: sporty as ever and so thoughtful, sweet and cuddly, he makes you feel like a million bucks just with one little hug. Sigge: the funniest kid on the planet, who is convinced he's 9 and says the best things and makes our life wayyyyyy better. Love these 3 so much.
#6. Year 13 was so good to us. I can't even stand how much I love Sten. I was trying to comprehend it while running the other day and all I could think of was that this year has been a year of risk-taking, and I think it has made our relationship richer, deeper, and more solid. I think we work well when we are biting off a little more than we actually should have. Midcurrent Building Campaign/ new building feels BEYOND scary to me. I feel like because we are teetering on the edge of adventure and risk, we are rocking on the loving each other well- front.
#5. Maybe it's just because its December now, but this season with the kids is my favorite. Decorating was fun this year, every morning in December is exciting, and I just feel like the ages RIGHT now of the kids is the best. Lucy: constantly reading, wanting to play games, still into make believe, being the absolute best big sister. Olle: sporty as ever and so thoughtful, sweet and cuddly, he makes you feel like a million bucks just with one little hug. Sigge: the funniest kid on the planet, who is convinced he's 9 and says the best things and makes our life wayyyyyy better. Love these 3 so much.
#6. Year 13 was so good to us. I can't even stand how much I love Sten. I was trying to comprehend it while running the other day and all I could think of was that this year has been a year of risk-taking, and I think it has made our relationship richer, deeper, and more solid. I think we work well when we are biting off a little more than we actually should have. Midcurrent Building Campaign/ new building feels BEYOND scary to me. I feel like because we are teetering on the edge of adventure and risk, we are rocking on the loving each other well- front.
Our anniversary getaway was the best!
#7. SCHOOL! For 2/3! It feels so good to send 2 kids on the bus each day and spend the day with little Sigge-boy. I'm thankful the kids love school because I love that they go to school and we all get a break from each other and are excited to see one another again at 4:25pm!
#8. Marathon weekend in Bismarck is impossible to describe. I felt so loved, so cheered for, so supported, and so 100% me. It was THE BEST part of 2021.
Bye 2021.... I will miss you BIG TIME. xo. edc.
#7. SCHOOL! For 2/3! It feels so good to send 2 kids on the bus each day and spend the day with little Sigge-boy. I'm thankful the kids love school because I love that they go to school and we all get a break from each other and are excited to see one another again at 4:25pm!
#8. Marathon weekend in Bismarck is impossible to describe. I felt so loved, so cheered for, so supported, and so 100% me. It was THE BEST part of 2021.
Bye 2021.... I will miss you BIG TIME. xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment