Can’t believe we celebrated 14 years on Monday. It felt like a regular ol’ Monday that was made EXTREMELY special by a super generous gift card to Feller. We enjoyed Old Fashion’s, getting dressed up, and talking uninterrupted over dinner.
I’ve enjoyed all of our anniversaries over the years, but the simple-ness of this one felt extra special. We exchanged our handmade cards, sat on the same side of the booth and didn’t want the night to end.
I remember our premarital counselors telling us that we are going to need to remove the rose colored glasses…. And while I believe that we are both flawed humans who hurt each other, I also feel so thankful for a marriage that works. For 2 people who keep showing up, putting in the work, putting the other person first and protecting this relationship that is so special.
Here we are- entering into our 15th year of marriage. I can’t wait! xo. edc.


Comments
Post a Comment