My house is so messy I couldn’t even find a way to take this picture without showing the mess.
I didn’t sleep well last night and I’m pretty overwhelmed.
Most of the time this is a place for the life highlights. All the good, all the pretty things— and I’m not being dishonest— our life is so so good.
I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t seen the sun in days, the days are almost the shortest they’ll be all year or if I just feel like there is no way I can get it all done, but I’m not the best.
When it was a 2 hour late start this morning I felt so thankful. Thankful I got to spend 2 extra hours with my kids. I think it was Gods way of reminding me what’s right in front of me.
So we made hot chocolate with homemade whip cream and ate Christmas cookies at 9:45am. It felt like the right thing to do.
Life still feels really overwhelming- but that felt like a good choice and I’m thankful for the chance to love my kids in this way.
Tomorrow will be a new day. And I’m hoping for a good night of sleep tonight. xo edc.

Comments
Post a Comment