I have noticed a direct and somewhat depressing thing lately: I look older. I don’t feel old. I feel young and hip and cool. But my hours in the sun, my body carrying 3 babies, excessive amounts of necessary exercise and the fact that I have never once had a skin care regimen is catching up to me.
I am in the firm camp of “God has made me uniquely beautiful” and I don’t need to change who I am to look a certain way, but it is WAY harder than I thought. I look in the mirror sometimes and am shocked at what stares back at me.
I loved THIS post from Cup of Jo.
What can my body do:
- Run! Run long, run fast, run strong
- Cook! I can make anything! I’ve gained tips and tricks along the way that have given me tools to enjoy the kitchen
- Parent! Discipline! Fun! Love! I’m here for it all!
- HITT workout! Burpees! Squat jumps! Weights!
- Shoveling heavy snow! I may be sore for multiple days after, but I can clear the driveway
- Adulting! Budgets! Planning trips! Coordinating schedules!
- Leading! I can lead a group, I can keep a conversation going and I know I have valuable information to share
- Love! I know how to celebrate others, I’ve learned how to not judge, how to forgive and I’m learning now how to be authentically me so that others can be authentically them.
- Creativity! Give me some paper! A project! A pen! I love to make something out of nothing.
- House projects! Oh wait… nope. Not good at these. 😂
Getting older is a gift and I’m going to start viewing it that way. xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment