The thought of “tiny anchors” has been coming to mind over and over the last few weeks. What are the things that anchor me? Big anchors include my loyalty to family, daily touch from those I love and my faith in Jesus.
Tiny anchors for me include:
My coffee in the morning
Running
An after bedtime cocktail with Sten
My prayer group
Having a book to read
A big morning hug from Sigge
Brushing Lucy’s hair
Getting dressed in something that makes me feel good
Life feels so fast… I’m getting swept up in all the things that pull on me from every way. I’m recognizing these anchors as things that need to happen in order to feel like me. I look around me sometimes, and notice the anchors of others… so different from my own, yet so necessary for them. Sten needs basketball as much as I need a good run. Olle needs a ball to throw as much as Lucy needs time to get lost in Barbie land. I have friends who need a clean home or a bike ride to feel anchored. My sister recently told me she needs the mountains, my brother in law… the ocean. I am so grateful that God gives us the things to make our world feel less “spin-y”. These tiny anchors makes us feel like God is in control in a way we didn’t know we needed.
In other news:
I seriously feel like a different person, much more patience and much less grump. Spring has easily become a favorite for me.
My Easter kids. Gosh they’re cute :) love them so. After dinner 🛹 🛴 🚲 around the hood.
Velcro ball, bc it’s something we can all play and that’s a good thing.
Why play legos inside when you can play them outside?!
These pics were from a couple days ago— there is for sure no snow left!!
Can’t miss out on bragging about these two cuties and the father daughter dance a couple weeks ago!
xo. edc.








Comments
Post a Comment