what a weekend! We finally experienced a warm day, Lucy crushed the goalie position at soccer, Olle had a good win on the football field, Sten kept our family going, Sigge was along for the ride and I ran a 20 mile trail run.
I don’t have any pictures of the kids sports because I wasn’t there. I got up at 5a on Saturday morning having no idea what to expect for this 20 miler. I luckily had Haley and Kim to show me the ropes and I had the best time ever!
The Willow Trail Run (WTR) is two 10 mile loops with over 2,000 ft of elevation. The 3 of us stuck together for the first loop, the time flew by and my legs felt great! We left Kim for the second loop and picked it up a little bit, I got a rock in my shoe and had to stop on one of the huge uphills to re-tie. We kept going. At 4 miles to go we saw the lead female stopping to tie her shoe and Haley said: this is a sign! Go! So I left Haley, ran up the ginormous paved hill after the falls and never looked back. It felt so good to have energy in my legs still and I ended up finishing 1st Female with a time of 3:00:01 <— really??!? That last second will haunt me forever.
Really thankful for this gal! She is the best running buddy and came in second!!! Running with friends is just the BEST. I put my framed first place finish on my dresser.
Sten and I celebrated with cobra verdes (me) and an old fashioned (him) at Lolo and it was a wonderful end to Saturday.
Erin took my Sunday jobs at church and the kids and I had a lazyyyyy Sunday morning. Lucy wasn’t feeling the best and it was the exact thing we needed to just stay home.
This picture was taken at 8:45am, which is a direct contrast to what we’re usually doing at that time!
Bread baking also happened. Which is always a good thing.
And then we sat outside. Until my sister FaceTimed and said let’s get together! And we had the best impromptu dinner party ever. It filled my heart up so full and was sooooo worth a late kid bedtime!!
So now it’s Tuesday, my legs are a little tired, and I’m feeling so thankful for the weekend and all the fun I had doing things I love and being with people I love.
xo. edc.







Comments
Post a Comment