Wow! What a day!
I feel thankful that I have a photographer friend who took pictures of me!!!!!!
I never want to forget these experiences— what a gift this little bloggy is!
I woke up at 4:30, clothes were laid out, drop bag was packed. I made coffee and a piece of peanut butter toast and had my kion aminos. And was out the door by 4:55. I sipped and ate on my 25 minute drive.
The bib pick up was easy and I used the bathrooms 5 times. 😳 at 6:25 I saw Andrea and Jenny!!! They got me off to the start with cheers and promises to see me at the next aid station. I loved that first loop, the aid stations were great, I took a GU every 45 minutes and a few electrolyte tabs— seeing JLo and Andrea also was a huge boost! They made signs and had big cheers and it was just the best.
Knowing I was doing a second lap I kept thinking — “oooo, remember this part it’s fun”, or “wow I’m going to have to do that again”… but overall as I was nearing the halfway loop I was feeling so happy that the run wasn’t over! “I get to do this again” was what I was thinking!! Sten was at the halfway and he is always a sight for sore eyes! I came in at exactly 2 hrs 30 mins- right where I wanted to be. The halfway point was also my drop bag so I had some sips of Gatorade, grabbed the rest of my fuel and was off again. At this point the girls had told me I was 6th female- and that felt exciting. I was ready for loop 2.
Jenny was taking pictures of me!!! I haven’t seen them yet :) but she was really snapping!
Stenny!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍
It was hot and I could feel myself needing more water than I had. I really looked forward to those aid stations the second time around. I’d say that was my biggest mistake. Next time I’ll carry more water. Especially if it’s 85*. I was feeling really pretty good until about mile 26, then I was ready for it to be done. There’s a pretty technical part at the end and I was kinda nervous to do that on tired legs, but I knew I was going to finish and I was now the 5th female!
The last 3 miles my watch died and I was tired!!!!! My toes were hurting from constantly being jammed with all the downhills and I wanted a big drink of ice water and a lake to jump in! The finish was so great!!!!!!!! Golly, there is nothing better. My fans were still there! They stayed all 5 hrs and 12 minutes!!!!!! And I just felt so accomplished!
I was very nervous for this run. I was having major doubts and really kind of wished I hadn’t signed up. I was having all these phantom pains and wasn’t getting very good sleep and the insecurities really crept in. Then I had a switch— ‘I am someone who chooses to do things that make me uncomfortable. I am someone who will always strive to try something hard that puts me a little on edge. Because if I don’t, I will stop doing hard things all together and that will age me faster.’
Also, sweet little Lucy solved all my problems the day before in her “Problem-o-meter”. She came up with this idea: I give her my problem she’ll run it through her machine and it will spit out the solution.
My Problem: I’m worried about my run tomorrow
Solution: think about how people will support you
Easy and as simple as that! And I did! I thought about all the people who prayed for me, all the morning texts I got and I thought about friends who were there the whole time! And Haley- who showed me the ropes and taught me how to be a trail runner (and who also crushed the 25K). All of it. I’m just so thankful.
xo. edc.














Comments
Post a Comment