Lots of starry runs.
Started to get pretty dark at football practice, but it was the prettiest night ever.
Falling asleep and ready for surgery. Such a baby yet so old girl… love her so much.
Might have been the last boat ride of 2024 😭 we whooped it up and had a blast at the cabin on Sunday.
Also— what a kid.
High school reunion. Being with these gals before hand was really the highlight! It was interesting to see so many people from the past… I think I’m still processing this night. 😂
It feels like I lived an entire month in a week. Have you ever felt like that? From last week to today I have felt every single emotion and have had to squeeze morning runs in at 4:25am and then do dishes at 9pm. I’ve never known what people have talked about when they say: ‘I don’t have time to exercise’… until now.
I keep shifting my perspective — bc you know what? I GET to run, I GET to have my boys in football. I GET to play a role in peoples lives young and old. It’s a privilege and an honor. And right now days are stuffed and full, but there will be a time when there’s less and I hope I will look back and say- I did it all with a happy heart.
Last week Lucy had her lens implant. It was a bigger surgery than I was expecting and I should have taken the time off work. She was in GREAT, super capable, amazing hands with Sten. But as a mom I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest not being there while she was recovering and in pain. Sten and her had lots of quality time together and I feel so thankful for that. What a lucky girl she is to have a dad that cares so deeply. Surgery went great and there is no more pain. I’m so excited for her to wake up and just have vision! No more contact! What a trooper. She is amazing.
Sten is in Geneva and after football tonight I took the kids to DQ, we split a blizzard then came home, blasted the music and danced in the kitchen like we used to do on the regular. It felt so good— like, exactly what I needed after a long day/week/month. I took tomorrow off work to bring Lucy to her post op appointment. So I have a 3 day weekend ahead of me, plans with my sister + our kids tomorrow, carb loading on Saturday and a marathon to run on Sunday! I can do this! I can do life!
xo. edc.













Comments
Post a Comment