There’s a song I’ve been listening to lately that goes:
Who thought I'd find You at the lowest place?Who thought You'd feel me in the crowd?Who knew You make good of my mistakes?You're nothin' like I thought You were, You're better
Then the chorus goes: What a God, What a God
I think about that statement a lot when things are really beautiful and life is good. “What a God”. Because seriously, how could you not when you’re out on the Willow River Trails and you see this sunrise and you’re with your friends? There’s been a lot of October moments when this song has popped into my head. Sitting across the table from Sten on dates and having really meaningful conversation, laying out a blanket in the sun and lugging out the Lego bin to build with my kids. A cousin sleepover with a walk down the pier and red light green light on the beach. Pumpkin cookie delivery from Haley on a random Thursday. Reading in bed with Lucy after a long day. What a God. Dreaming with Sten about summer and finding rest- then dreaming bigger and owning a house boat someday. Hearing how great my kids are at conferences. A good cleaning session and putting up new frames on the wall. Big hugs from Sigge when I need it most. What a God.
This month has been so full of What a God moments. Am I as good at it when things are not going my way? Maybe not, but I am more aware and November is always a reminder for me to be grateful— so that’s exactly what I’ll do. As October comes to a close, I’ll look back on all my What a God moments. And I’ll look ahead with a grateful heart knowing: “You're nothin’ like I thought you were, You’re better.”
xo. edc








Comments
Post a Comment