The last 2 weeks have flown by and now I am less than a week out from my race and I can't believe it. When you put something big on the calendar it feels so far away- and those middle months where you have so many weeks to go, feel like a daily decision to do the hard thing. But now, I have barely any miles to run this week, lots of time to think and rest and be. 50 mile race training was equal parts hard and fun and I enjoyed so much about it, but I will also be glad when it is over and I can resume normal life :)
My running friends gave me a tote full of all the most amazing race necessities and it was so over the top I couldn't even find words. It made me feel so READY and gave me a weird confidence that all I have to do is get out there and do what we've done together countless times for countless miles.
I feel so lucky to have the strongest, fastest, most amazing friends to share the miles with.
The flowers were in full bloom and while running last week I smelled so much lilac and I was wearing shorts, and the birds were singing and it was just the very best way to start my days.
There was a heat wave the last 2 weeks which ended in it being stormy and cool over the weekend, and I think that was nice too. A reminder to slow down and stay home. We spent yesterday going through drawers, catching up on Amazing Race, cleaning out Lucy's Barbie collection :( and doing Saturday stuff. I like those days, there is no hustle. The boys were in their jammies past lunch time... It felt restful and right.
Last week was our last Sunday for a while as Sten started his sabbatical yesterday! Excited to see what God does during this season of rest and renewal. It feels weird to not be getting the kids up and ready for church this morning.
Mother's Day was spent at the lake on a 90 degree day. We all got sunburned and it was glorious. Sten drove us around the lake which is honestly my favorite way to spend an afternoon. Looking at the homes, searching for loons and feeling the breeze and the sun.
celebrating life and friendship with this gang.
Lucy and I got to watch baby Freya and she was smiley and laughing like this nearly the entire time!!!!! AHHHH, it was the BEST
Sten is back to gigging on patios and we are back to hang outs with friends wayyyyy past bedtimes. AND I LOVE IT.
I can tell time is flying. I can sense that I am not even trying to slow it down. I am enjoying it right now, and I love that. I love settling into a feeling of joy and being grateful for it, as it hasn't always felt like this. 5 days 23 hours until my race
11 school days left
19 days until our family trip
eeeee! excitement is high! xo. edc.







Comments
Post a Comment