Olle is at Covenant Pines this week and I don't know if this is true of all families, but it feels like when one of our family members is gone life just moves at a different pace and everything is a little 'off'. We also had a very full week with something each evening and recovering from vacation :)
But in the midst of the "weird" feeling, my take away from this week was the small pockets of extra time I got to spend with Lucy and Sigge.
Let's talk about the Forrest Frank concert. This was a core memory maker for me as a parent. I actually can't even fully describe it because it was so special and magical to experience this with Lucy by my side. The entire night was a powerful reminder of God's presence and the hope we can have in this next generation of Jesus followers.
Why is corn so beautiful? There is nothing more midwest than a field of corn. Simple beauty in the dog days of summer. Haley and I drove out to Sally's to run around her country roads and it felt so good to not see a car, to smell the farms and to be surrounded by corn for 9 miles.
And then there's this little nugget. We spent SO much time together this week. He was my constant side-kick on each and every errand and adventure. And then, I think because he was so used to spending his days with me was extra clingy at night -- lots of snuggles and lap sits.
I am soaking up these last weeks of summer before heading back to Bethel this fall. This has been the best summer. full of noticing all the happy things around me.
xo. edc.







Comments
Post a Comment