When life gets overwhelming and there seems to be no end in sight, my only way to cope is to rely on, and reflect on, the gifts God has given me. These 3 being the greatest of them all:
I feel so strongly that my greatest influence in life are those 2 kids in that picture. I have gifts and capacity to hopefully draw people to Christ, but my first priority is Lucy and Olle. The love I have for them isn't even a fraction of the love God has for them, and I hope they grow up knowing that, and living that truth.
And Sten. He is truly the rock of our family. As I was journaling this morning, I was thinking about how I've never doubted his love for us. He shows us his love in tangible ways and tells us he loves us all the time.
A friend texted me this morning with this nugget of truth:
Psalm 40:3 reminds me God will give me a new song when I make praise the habit of my heart and mouth: "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him" (NIV).
So, on some of these hard days, when I don't quite feel like myself, I am choosing to find the things that are my favorite and hold on to the truth that God's gifts are abundant and lavish and perfect.
xo. edc.
I feel so strongly that my greatest influence in life are those 2 kids in that picture. I have gifts and capacity to hopefully draw people to Christ, but my first priority is Lucy and Olle. The love I have for them isn't even a fraction of the love God has for them, and I hope they grow up knowing that, and living that truth.
And Sten. He is truly the rock of our family. As I was journaling this morning, I was thinking about how I've never doubted his love for us. He shows us his love in tangible ways and tells us he loves us all the time.
A friend texted me this morning with this nugget of truth:
Psalm 40:3 reminds me God will give me a new song when I make praise the habit of my heart and mouth: "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him" (NIV).
So, on some of these hard days, when I don't quite feel like myself, I am choosing to find the things that are my favorite and hold on to the truth that God's gifts are abundant and lavish and perfect.
xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment