Olle is napping right now and Lucy’s little voice is trailing off in the living room as she pretends something with 3 different voices for each of the characters she’s playing. What a funny time of life. So much freedom for me as my kids become more independent, yet on the complete otherside, I feel so needed still. It’s almost as if time is taunting me. And I can’t tell if I’m sad that this next stage of life is coming, or excited to watch them go.
We were at the children’s museum this morning and I just loved watching them play. I don’t often go there without meeting up with another mom friend, but this forced me to just watch them do their thing. They are really good kids and when I stop and think about how big they are and how perfect they are I just want to weep. If you could ever describe something as "big and little" I think my kids right now would fit this description to a T. Like people always say: the days are long, but the years are short.
XO. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment