Skip to main content

Friday Favorites 

This week went so fast I’m not even sure what we did. I had to look back over my pictures to see what we’ve been up to. My summer days are all spent the same way, a mix of inside and outside, running, and grilling -- and a lot of bandaid-ing, and bathing. I love my job as a mom, but lately I have been wondering what I can shift my focus on a bit to make life even more fulfilling for me. What makes me, me? I am determined to find the answer to this question. 

1. There happened to be a fire truck down by the library last Saturday morning. We met up with our buddy LT, and got to honk the horn, make the lights go, and meet the firefighters. Then we took a walk to Knokes for a ring pop. All in all, it was one of those fun mornings, just me and the kids, doing our thing.

2. Sunday night our kids team got together in Cami’s backyard for a shrimp boil. It was a magical night of delicious food, a bonfire and really fun people. This team works sooooo hard every week, and each one of them mean so much to Midcurrent and to me. I’m thankful for the people God has brought into our lives. 

3. On Tuesday, we headed out to Big C to get the summer kicked off! Jessica and the kids are off of school, and we decided a sleepover at the cabin is what we needed to usher summer in. We texted each other Thursday morning (when we had been home for 15 hours) and both said: I wish I was still at the cabin....!!!! I think the kids spent about 99% of the time in the water, only pausing to gobble up food and run back down to the beach. Our bonfire on Tuesday night was my favorite part and jumping off the boat on Wednesday with the bright blue sky as my background was pure bliss. It sure is a special place. And Lucy slept 13.5 hours Wednesday night, so that was a bonus. 

4. Is there anything better than watermelon in the summer?? I love this picture with all my heart. Lucy being big with her adorable short hair, pink glasses and long legs, and Olle with his pudgy little body, blond hair and diaper staring at his sissy. I love them. I love that they have each other and they like each other.....  And I love my flowers! 


This weekend we get to see my high school friends, as well as a bday party for a friend and cousins sleepover Saturday and Sunday night!! I can’t wait to plan some adventures ♥️

xo. edc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

back 2 school. back at it. back to reality 2026

We eeeked out every last drop until it was time to head back to school on Wednesday. Annual tradition trip to Lucette after Meet the Teacher is the photo above. Happy to report that everyone did great the first 3 days of school- although I don't know if we're quite ready for a full 5 day week starting tomorrow :) Sten took the boys to Michigan to go to his cousins daughters wedding and they did something that Sten introduced me to when we were dating and on staff together at PLCBC- diving for golf balls! The boys thought it was a blast and I love that they got a bright blue -sunny -skies day to make the water look turquoise and the ball finding easy. While the boys were gone Lucy and I whooped it up! We went to the first Hudson football game... Went to the Glenwood City Rodeo.... AND drove to Iowa to see Josiah Queen at the Iowa State Fair!  Fun is an understatement to describe this little getaway and I feel so lucky we got to do this together. Then it was BACK TO REALITY! holy...

bookends/ teacher things/fall poem

The bookends of my day yesterday was God's way of showing me that I am going to be ok. This picture from my solo run in the morning was absolutely perfect. Cold hands, fast road miles, worship music and a text from a friend right in the middle of it saying that I was top of her prayer list that morning. Then in the evening the boys were outside playing waffle ball and Lucy was walking around the neighborhood with friends and I cranked up my music and cleaned the entire middle/lower level. I stopped at one point and thought-- this is the biggest gift right now.  Other things: I love pens. and there is something so satisfying about having every single color of felt tip/ gel tip at your disposal. lol. Life touch teacher photos--why is my ear showing so much? Is this what I always look like? Haley hosted the Badland Babes for some brunch after our Willow run on Saturday and she made THE most delicious food, didn't know I needed a bonfire until I was sitting in this chair eating thi...

Merry Christmas 2022

I am in complete denial that an entire year has passed! Where did 2022 go?! We celebrated some big milestones, had a lot of fun, and enjoyed our family most. Here are some highlights and lessons learned from 2022.  So. Much. Swimming! Lesson learned: ALWAYS get in the water. You’ll never regret it. Your kids will love you for it and you’ll make way more memories from inside the water than up on the boat. This day was particularly special as we were all together with Uncle Dan and Aunt Pam. We swam, we ate, we boated and we didn’t want the day to end. Having mom and dad move permanently to the Lake has been the BEST.  Midcurrent MOVED! We raised the money, hired the people, decorated and paved the way for more people to get to know Jesus. Before the carpet was laid we wrote prayers on the floor and I am so excited to see what 2023 will bring for Midcurrent. Lesson learned: do the big thing! Give people a chance to show up and see what God can do! Family camp is ALWAYS a highlig...