I was telling Sten the other day about how easy it is to forget what an older stage of parenting looked like. When Lucy and Olle were 1 and 2, that was hard! But I don’t totally remember how hard. This stage is hard, but when I go to bed at night I can’t really name what it is that actually makes it hard... and then I see this picture that I snapped a couple days ago. These 2 working collectively on a picture of an "apple hotel" with "100 swimming pools" and "chairs" and a "couch". I wish I would have video taped their little voices encouraging one another as they colored.
Lucy: "Buddy! You’re staying in the lines, good job buddy!"
Olle: " Lucy, this is our hotel, this is no one else’s, this is just ours"
In a world where 99% of the time I think I’ve completely screwed up as a mom, this was a glimpse into how somehow along the way they actually love each other and have the ability to be kind. And they really are kind. They are so sweet and loving and special and perfect and I’m so thankful they’re mine.
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
Ephesians 1:16
xo. E
Comments
Post a Comment