Sten is in Denver for Midwinter this week. It's always hard to single
parent for multiple days in a row, and I just miss his companionship,
but at the very same time, the pace of our house is different. We have
less schedule and come and go when we want. I typically get more sleep,
since I stick to my bodies natural "go to sleep at 8pm, get up at 5am"
routine.
We've been keeping busy with friends and for me, when I am the only parent, I think I try super hard to be a really good one, knowing there's no one there to pick up my slack :) Sten gives the kids wayyyyy more hugs and snuggles than I do normally, so this week, I've made sure to crawl into bed with both of them, and let them sit on my lap at breakfast.
I can feel the baby clock getting closer and closer. I keep looking at the calendar thinking, 3.5 more weeks.... We have so many things planned from now until Feb 15, and I know it is just going to fly by. I sit and think about how different life will look 4 weeks from now and I just can't wait!
Today I plan to live out my 2019 word HEALTH by running around with my kids, getting in a workout at the YMCA, continuing to eat Whole30, and I've already spent time this morning praying for my family and friends and doing some personal journaling and reading. It's bound to be a good day.
xo.edc.
We've been keeping busy with friends and for me, when I am the only parent, I think I try super hard to be a really good one, knowing there's no one there to pick up my slack :) Sten gives the kids wayyyyy more hugs and snuggles than I do normally, so this week, I've made sure to crawl into bed with both of them, and let them sit on my lap at breakfast.
I can feel the baby clock getting closer and closer. I keep looking at the calendar thinking, 3.5 more weeks.... We have so many things planned from now until Feb 15, and I know it is just going to fly by. I sit and think about how different life will look 4 weeks from now and I just can't wait!
Today I plan to live out my 2019 word HEALTH by running around with my kids, getting in a workout at the YMCA, continuing to eat Whole30, and I've already spent time this morning praying for my family and friends and doing some personal journaling and reading. It's bound to be a good day.
xo.edc.
| missing this guy! |
Comments
Post a Comment