I naively thought that when coronavirus was finished there would be this grand re-opening and everyone would greet each other with hugs and we’d mark the occasion by lots of gatherings and we’d be able to tell our kids that the virus is over. Instead, I feel like life is *sorta* normal but the virus is definitely not over, we’d never greet people with a hug (and maybe never will again) and the largest gathering I’ve been a part of are our Friday nights with a small group of close friends. 10 adults and 12 kids. All kids are 7 and under. They run around, and everyone has a buddy to play with, they argue and fight one minute and then gang up on the parents the next (they could absolutely overtake us 😳)... we all bring food and time just kind of slows down on Friday nights.
I feel really thankful for this group of friends. This stage of life and parenting has worn me down to my bones some days but On Friday’s I feel a reprieve and it’s so so great.
As summer gets busier I know we’ll miss some Friday nights, but I hope we don’t miss many because these are the days we’ll look back and remember so fondly.
So many babies in swim diapers 😍😍😍
xo. edc.
I feel really thankful for this group of friends. This stage of life and parenting has worn me down to my bones some days but On Friday’s I feel a reprieve and it’s so so great.
As summer gets busier I know we’ll miss some Friday nights, but I hope we don’t miss many because these are the days we’ll look back and remember so fondly.
Missing Jenny in this pic...
I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many kids on a play structure before... they started chanting “no parents allowed! No parents allowed!”So many babies in swim diapers 😍😍😍
xo. edc.




Comments
Post a Comment