How are we already this far into February?!?!
The days are flying by, and I can't even believe how cold it is. I should be used to this-- but I'm just not quite there :)
2 more recipes down for trying lots of new recipes in 2021. We signed up for a cooking class from the chef we hired in Mexico and it was so fun to learn how to make mole! Lots and lots of ingredients and a million steps, but very fun non-the-less.
I have been tyring to be more mindful of what goes INTO my shopping cart, becuase inevitably it is me who ends up eating so much of the junk food-- WHY????? So, I had limited baking supplies on hand and Olle had a friend over and they wanted to make cookies... I found this oatmeal cookie recipe online and it turned out SO good.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
Place softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat until combined.
Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until the mixture is light (about 30-60 seconds).
Add dry ingredient mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
Add oatmeal and beat on low speed until combined.
Add mix ins (if desired) and stir until evenly distributed in the dough.
Use a 1 ½ to 2 TBS cookie scoop to measure out the dough.
Roll the dough into a ball and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used.
Gently and very slightly press down tops of cookies until they are flat.
Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the top is just set.
Let sit on the baking pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
To freeze the oatmeal cookie dough:
- Place oatmeal cookie dough balls on a non-stick cookie sheet and put them in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Transfer to an airtight, freezer-friendly container (I recommend either a glass storage container or a freezer-friendly ziplock bag).
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To bake: remove dough from the freezer and let it come to room temperature. Then bake according the the recipe instructions.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Comments
Post a Comment