Yesterday my lovely mom came over and helped Lucy and me sew. Lucy was just as excited as you can imagine. I love seeing her excited. I am working really hard lately to encourage her to be exactly the way she is. Not to squash any bits of her personality. I want her to know and believe that she is just right. Never too much, and never too little. Why do we grow to feel this way about ourselves as women? Not my Lucy. She can be giddy about sewing, giddy about making pillows, giddy about wearing big bows and butterfly necklaces around her neck all she wants. I love her just the way she is.
And then there is this one. ALWAYS on the counter. No matter how many timeouts for climbing up there, he immediatly finds his way right back in the same spot. WHY? Because he's resillient. He's stubborn and he knows where he wants to be. Lately while putting his little bod to bed I pray, God, help him to be stubborn in his beliefs. Let him not to sway to the worlds way, but to live his life in a way that honors you, even if it's weird, and completely counter-cultural. Sigge beats to his own drum, and I love that about his sweet little spirit.
I am working really hard at meeting my kids right where they are. I'm confident I'm late to this game and probably could have saved myself a lot of headaches as a parent if I would have accepted this 7 years ago. I've been praying for control to melt off me, and in it's place-- I'm desiring peace.
xo. edc.



Comments
Post a Comment